• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMG! This guy is definitely not how we want to be represented...

sraacke

Ayone have any other videos or any information on this guy? I ask because I posted it in a couple of other places and some of us are trying to determine if he's anyone we know and also if we can possibly steer him in the right direction with some advice and training before we end up reading about him in the New Orleans newspaper.

Steve

Last edited:

sraacke

FOUND HIM.
A LOCAL member sent me a link of his original video which is actually a couple minutes longer than the one I posted above. That video referenced his user name which was Composer1777. A short time on Google looking for "Composer1777" lead me to a Digg account for Matt Wetta (composer1777). A Google of the name Matt Wetta led me to his Facebook page which has a photo of his now imfamous ten dollar holster.
wettafbpage.jpg

Matthew Wetta lives in Metarie, La, and is a delivery driver for Naked Pizza according to the information in his profile. He also claims to have studied Business at the University of Sydney in 2008 and went to University of New Orleans in 2007.

Further Googleing led me to a court docket for a Matthew A Wetta. (the A is for Anthony)
wettacourtpage.jpg

The arrest was for Agg Assault. If you watched the video he spoke of the worst that could happen if you pull your gun on someone is Aggrivated Assault.
Matthew A Wetta is listed as being 26 years old in several database searches which would match based on his profile info showing when he left High School.
Also found was this report about that arrest - http://www.projectnola.com/police-a...s/92198-aggravated-assault-canal-and-n-peters
On Saturday, June 5, 2010, at 3:46pm, the suspect was the passenger in
a vehicle that was driving near Canal and N Peters. The suspect
produced a pistol and pointed it at several pedestrians. The vehicle
fled on Canal toward N Rampart

Responding Officers apprehended the suspect, Matthew Wetta, W/M,
8-01-85. Additional information on these arrests and/or any subsequent
prosecution can be obtained via the Docket Master at www.opcso.org.

More searching took me to a Facebook page where Matt was commenting on a Youtube video of a Tea Party member being punched....
Matthew Wetta I got attacked by protesters last Saturday, I got charged with aggravated assault and the police took my gun.
June 11, 2010 at 7:36pm · Like
and this....
Matthew Wetta Just avoid Leftist protesters, they will send you to Jail.
June 11, 2010 at 7:38pm · Like
and....
Matthew Wetta
The gun was in my car, It is legal in my state. It was plaestians protesting against Israel, when i yelled at the **** you jew haters" they blocked my car. I got out and we yelled at each other. These two big guys came up to me and i was yelling at both of them to move out of the street so i could leave. I walked backed to my car, they followed me and started pushing my car door into me thats when i went to grab my gun. I was inside my car. My friend grabbed it before i could grasp it and they seen it. I got a Lawyer but she sayd i probably won't get my gun back, if i do it will be like 5 months or more.

June 11, 2010 at 7:49pm · Like
and....
Matthew Wetta
When i was arrested i learned a lot. The City prison system keeps the Blacks poor and unfairly arrests people over and over again for stupid reasons. Workers don't really work, they just hang out in jail and get paid while we rot in a concrete cell. The constitution doesn't apply. You are Guilty until you pay the court to say you are innocent. You have no right to property, Police will make up anything to make their job easier. Oh yeah, if you have a gun you are automatically "bad." there is no Right to bear arms. The city keeps people poor and stuck.

June 11, 2010 at 7:59pm · Like
Then responding to a reply by a poster, Tom, who stated that he wished that a bunch of protesters would confront him ....
Matthew Wetta Tom, don't. We don't have the freedom. This is an Oppressed country, the police have to baby you. You don't get to make any choices. Police have to make all of your decisions. Do not mess with protesters , the leftists will send you to Jail.
June 11, 2010 at 8:13pm · Like
Then further down the thread he posted this...
Matthew Wetta I got a big bruise on my leg , where they were pushing the door into me. They wouldn't let me leave, I wanted them to move, our political speech was done. They started attacking me when I tried getting in my car, so I said **** them. I got arrested b.c. they all lied to police.
June 11, 2010 at 9:52pm · Like
Then this....
Matthew Wetta I had a Liberal judge who quote "ordered me to house arrest b.c. he's tired of people having guns"
June 11, 2010 at 9:54pm · Like

From http://www.nocrimeline.com/2010_06_09_archive.html I found this...
In the middle of the afternoon on Saturday (6.5.10) around 3:46 p.m. the passenger in a car going down Canal Street near N. Peters Street pulled out a gun and pointed it at several pedestrians.
Police put an end to this nonsense when they arrested Matthew Wetta, 24, and charged him with 3 counts of aggravated assault. His bond was set at only $15,000 and he was gone before they could take his mugshot in lockup.
Magistrate Rudy Gorrell decreed if Wetta made bail he had to wear an ankle bracelet and observe a 6 p.m. curfew.
Another post on a Facebook page where he is commenting about people with medical marijuana cards loosing 2A rights at http://www.facebook.com/punkrocklibertarians/posts/161355730632980?comment_id=413155 ...
Matthew Wetta Surprise. Hell, you can barely get a gun anyway. I was Arrested once my entire life, 1 conviction. I can't even get a Conceal Carry permit.
December 16, 2011 at 5:17pm · Like · 2

He has another Facebook page under the name Matt A. Wetta at -
http://www.facebook.com/people/Matt...!/people/Matt-A-Wetta/100002853551093?sk=wall

Remember people, anything you do is going to be put online somewhere. Also, anything you ever post online is saved somewhere. It can be seen by others and you will be judged by it.

Medic1210

Wow!!! Amazing detective work! Interesting read for sure, and a great point about watching what you post online. I've often wondered how the fact we frequent gun and self defense forums would ever be used if we were involved in a shooting for self defense...

ManInBlack

Wow!!! Amazing detective work! Interesting read for sure, and a great point about watching what you post online. I've often wondered how the fact we frequent gun and self defense forums would ever be used if we were involved in a shooting for self defense...

I would think that a competent attorney would point out that you were seeking to maximize your practical and legal knowledge of the topic, and consulted a variety of sources. A search of my internet history would also reveal visits to the websites of state attorneys general, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, online codes published by state legislatures, law schools, legal blogs, etc., etc., etc.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
Oh wow, don't what to say but I'm shocked! Seriously whats this guy on, he seems like he was someone who broke out of the mental institute and never got caught!

raven81686

my first post on this thread

let me start off with glad to be a new member of opencarry.org! Second this guy is a idiot! Not to be a "fan boy" but I have watched alot of "nuntfancys" videos they're very informative for gear reviews. Never once does he EVER say to draw your weapon on assumtion alone; being situationally aware is always imperative whether carrying or not, this doesnt mean drawing your weapon because you think someone is "sketchy." It's people like this that give all of us a bad name.

Medic1210

I would think that a competent attorney would point out that you were seeking to maximize your practical and legal knowledge of the topic, and consulted a variety of sources. A search of my internet history would also reveal visits to the websites of state attorneys general, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, online codes published by state legislatures, law schools, legal blogs, etc., etc., etc.

I agree, but as we've seen, the media tends to dig this crap up, and post it with their spin long before the trial ever begins. Look at Zimmerman.

Bellum_Intus

He should listen to FXhummel1's "I'll never be a youtube gun star" ..

What an idiot this guy is.. I'm sure he 'plays with his gun' watching NutnFancy videos..

--Rob

Tanner

I mean really? how long has this terd been Ocing? At somepoint you are bound to learn the truth if even by accident. How could he be so ignorant of the law that he thinks anything he said was ok? Even a 5 minute session of research I found some VA laws about firearms. You really have to make an effort to be this dumb.