• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Blue Card Burning Party, let the planning begin

The Big Guy

For posterity, I posted a detailed write-up on my blog.

Good job.

Just one note and it's really not that important. Regarding: "[2] Interestingly, in 2012, the City of Las Vegas amended its park regulation ordinances which, under Cortez-Masto’s logic, would remove their bogus grandfather-clause protection."

It is my understanding that they did not amend the "grandfathered" ordinance, they abolished it. Then they wrote an entirely new one under a different municipal code. That really left them with no wiggle room, as state preemption is very clear that they could not make ordinances after 1989 as you mentioned.

TBG

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Actually, I consider it a very important distinction. Good catch, TBG.

garand_guy

Good job.

Just one note and it's really not that important. Regarding: "[2] Interestingly, in 2012, the City of Las Vegas amended its park regulation ordinances which, under Cortez-Masto’s logic, would remove their bogus grandfather-clause protection."

It is my understanding that they did not amend the "grandfathered" ordinance, they abolished it. Then they wrote an entirely new one under a different municipal code. That really left them with no wiggle room, as state preemption is very clear that they could not make ordinances after 1989 as you mentioned.

TBG

Is there any documentation? I'd love to record it for posterity, but I kinda went hazy after trying to figure out the AG's logic and stopped looking through the threads here.

ed2276

As for the eight turn-coats who sabotaged the campus carry amendment to SB175, some were chosen because of their relative safety in their districts, others were tricked under the pretense that they could save face when a secret plan was hatched to amend campus carry into SB240, knowing full well it would die in the senate because there was nothing else in it the senate couldn't live without. Once Hansen discovered this, he countered the gambit and moved to replace it into it's original place in the general file to leave without any possibility of the amendment and no place for the eight turn-coats to hide. Enter AB487, an emergency bill sponsored by seven of the eight turn-coats. They did this so they can say "see, we really do support campus carry," knowing full well it gives Roberson nothing that he wants and will ultimately fail."

As dirty as Democrats play when they controll the legislature, it pales in comparison to the antics we've seen this session.

/RANT

We already know that Brower and Roberson are going to be exposed for their treachery, but can you provide us with the names of the 8 turn-coats so their names and betrayal can be made known to the public? They may well wish to hide behind 487, but when it is learned that they could have done the very same thing in 175 but voted it down then their 487 cover can be blown publicly and they can be exposed for the hypocrites they are.

The Big Guy

Is there any documentation? I'd love to record it for posterity, but I kinda went hazy after trying to figure out the AG's logic and stopped looking through the threads here.

I think it is in a thread here someplace. You could also search the LV codes.

TBG

The Big Guy

We already know that Brower and Roberson are going to be exposed for their treachery, but can you provide us with the names of the 8 turn-coats so their names and betrayal can be made known to the public? They may well wish to hide behind 487, but when it is learned that they could have done the very same thing in 175 but voted it down then their 487 cover can be blown publicly and they can be exposed for the hypocrites they are.

James Oscarson, Jim Wheeler, Melissa Woodbury, Derek Armstrong, Chris Edwards, Stephen Silberkraus, Lynn Stewart and Majority Leader Paul Anderson.

TBG

Vegassteve

James Oscarson, Jim Wheeler, Melissa Woodbury, Derek Armstrong, Chris Edwards, Stephen Silberkraus, Lynn Stewart and Majority Leader Paul Anderson.

TBG

But but but but BigGuy what are you doing? These are great defenders of our rights. Didnt you get the email from the NVFAC saying what a great job these folks did? And now we are being told we shouldnt be so hard on them and be thankful for what they gave us.

Sarcasm.

The Big Guy

But but but but BigGuy what are you doing? These are great defenders of our rights. Didnt you get the email from the NVFAC saying what a great job these folks did? And now we are being told we shouldnt be so hard on them and be thankful for what they gave us.

Sarcasm.

I know, I know, I should be happy to have these people to do all my thinking for me. What an ungrateful fatherless child I am. I'm so ashamed.

TBG

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

If the blue card, (registration) is no longer stretched around our throats, I'm thinking it be possible to convince some of my open carry friends who have stayed away from the CCSC to join me under the lights on a Thurs evening, OC of course for some trap shooting.

gonefishn

If the blue card, (registration) is no longer stretched around our throats, I'm thinking it be possible to convince some of my open carry friends who have stayed away from the CCSC to join me under the lights on a Thurs evening, OC of course for some trap shooting.

I missed the connection to blue card, open carry and CCSR ?

Vegassteve

I missed the connection to blue card, open carry and CCSR ?

Some of decided not to give the county money while they infringed on us a couple of ways. 1 that the county tried to keep us out of parks with a law while allowing us to shoot in another if we paid money. 2 the blue card and it's infringement on our rights. 3. The county infringing on local private biz by engaging in the shooting range biz.