• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Blue Card Burning Party, let the planning begin

Nevada carrier

SB175 has passed the legislature, sadly, without the inclusion of campus carry. Nevertheless and assuming it is not vetoed by the governor, which I doubt will happen, The time has come for us to finally have a get together, celebrating our victory! I propose we gather at either Sunset Park or Exploration Park where we burn (or shred) our blue cards.

Ideas?

NAVYBLUE

Let's not get the cart before the horse. Did the same "exact" bill pass the state Senate OR does it have to go back them for "reconciliation" before it goes to Governor ? Also Fiore says she has not given up on campus carry. She said she is going to attach it to another assembly bill, but is not saying which one so the (8) "Republicans(RINOs) who voted to kill Campus Carry in SB 175 can't plot strategy.

One of the local(LV) conservative talk show hosts had on the owner(real CONSERVATIVE) of the largest FM station in Reno on yesterday and he already has backers plus himself who have the money to get a real Conservative and primary Senator Brower from Sparks who has been the main stumbling block with 2nd amendment issue in the Senate. He was all pro 2nd amendment until he got elected.

Brower has delusions of grandeur in higher state positions and/or Fed level.

NAVYBLUE

Nevada carrier

Brower is one problem in the Senate, but Roberson is more so. Brower only does what Roberson tells him to do. This is not to say that Brower shouldn't be held accountable, he should. There are also other players in the games we saw this session. I have it on good authority that certain firearms rights groups were complicit in ensuring that only Roberson would get a win in the gun rights column and that these deals were made over a year ago; all in an effort to bolster Roberson's U.S. Senate Campaign.

Some good things happened this session, but there is no excuse for the failure of campus carry in the republican controlled Executive and Legislative branches of our state government.

As for the eight turn-coats who sabotaged the campus carry amendment to SB175, some were chosen because of their relative safety in their districts, others were tricked under the pretense that they could save face when a secret plan was hatched to amend campus carry into SB240, knowing full well it would die in the senate because there was nothing else in it the senate couldn't live without. Once Hansen discovered this, he countered the gambit and moved to replace it into it's original place in the general file to leave without any possibility of the amendment and no place for the eight turn-coats to hide. Enter AB487, an emergency bill sponsored by seven of the eight turn-coats. They did this so they can say "see, we really do support campus carry," knowing full well it gives Roberson nothing that he wants and will ultimately fail."

As dirty as Democrats play when they controll the legislature, it pales in comparison to the antics we've seen this session.

/RANT

Vegassteve

All mine are shredded and sent back. I have none to burn. Also my current go to gun store, Wild West knows not to even give me one now.

They have not had any force of law for a few years anyway and have just been a receipt.

garand_guy

Sandoval has to sign SB 175 or SB 240 now to make it effective. NVFAC and New Frontier Armory in NLV is planning a blue card shredding party. I think that an open carry rally in Sunset Park with dozens to hundreds of armed Nevadan's needs to make it clear to the park rangers that we won't take their S--t over banning open carry in their parks.

If the bills get signed, we have to make sure that the stupid county/city no-guns-in-parks rules die a quick death, and the law provides for. If they don't we should go to court, or pack the meeting while open carrying, Metro be damned if they try to illegally keep us out.

Clark County needs to fall in line or face the wrath of guys with nothing better to do with their time than protest and do grassroots legal stuff.

Now pray that Sandoval signs...

Last edited:

ed2276

If Fiore and company said they were going to amend campus carry onto SB 240 they didn't follow through with it. They amended it into SB 175, which was not adopted in the Assembly, but not into 240.

The only part they amended into SB 240 was preemption by Amendment Number 790. The legislative action is as follows:

May 19, 2015

From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended.

May 20, 2015

Read second time. Amended. (Amend. No. 790.) To printer.

May 21, 2015

From printer. To engrossment. Engrossed. First reprint .
Taken from General File.
Placed on Chief Clerk's desk.
Taken from Chief Clerk's desk.
Placed on General File.
Read third time. Passed, as amended. Title approved, as amended. (Yeas: 23, Nays: 18, Excused: 1.) To Senate.

May 22, 2015

In Senate.

So, 240 was amended to include getting rid of registration and strengthening preemption (with permission for gun owners to sue counties, cities, or towns who enforce any gun ordinances other than discharge). There is nothing about campus carry in 240.

Last edited:

ed2276

Sandoval has to sign SB 175 or SB 240 now to make it effective. NVFAC and New Frontier Armory in NLV is planning a blue card shredding party. I think that an open carry rally in Sunset Park with dozens to hundreds of armed Nevadan's needs to make it clear to the park rangers that we won't take their S--t over banning open carry in their parks.

If the bills get signed, we have to make sure that the stupid county/city no-guns-in-parks rules die a quick death, and the law provides for. If they don't we should go to court, or pack the meeting while open carrying, Metro be damned if they try to illegally keep us out.

Have to be careful here. Had 175 been passed as amended by Fiore, et.al. it would have provided that we could sue the County, City, or Towns for enforcing those ordinances as soon as the bill was enacted. The Assembly committee rejected that amendment attempt, and passed the bill allowing for us to sue only on or after October 15, 2015. To "safely" carry out your suggested plan of action by flooding the parks with OCers we'd have to do it on or after that date.

Clark County needs to fall in line or face the wrath of guys with nothing better to do with their time than protest and do grassroots legal stuff.

Yeah. It's about time for me to "rage against the machine" once again; I haven't had anything to get amped up about since I burned my bra awhile back.

Nevada carrier

If Fiore and company said they were going to amend campus carry onto SB 240 they didn't follow through with it. They amended it into SB 175, which was not adopted in the Assembly, but not into 240.

The only part they amended into SB 240 was preemption by Amendment Number 790. The legislative action is as follows:

May 19, 2015

From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended.

So, 240 was amended to include getting rid of registration and strengthening preemption (with permission for gun owners to sue counties, cities, or towns who enforce any gun ordinances other than discharge). There is nothing about campus carry in 240.

The plan was the eight who flipped on the 175 amendment were promised that they would have political cover by amending campus carry into 240. They knew that the senate could safely kill SB240 with campus carry because it contained nothing they wanted. The plot was foiled because it didn't matter if it went into SB240 or not, it would be dead either way. Fiore and Hansen kept them from amending SB240 because they wanted those members to own their decision. the introduction on AB487 is designed to give them political cover so they can say they did everything they could, even though they know it has little chance of ever reaching the senate and even less of a chance to pass there.

Roberson NEEDED the Domestic violence provisions of SB175 to campaign on when he runs for senate. The point that was lost on the eight who killed the amendment was that there was no way in hell Roberson would allow 175 to die, his only recourse would have been to have a senate floor vote to concur or not concur exposing their position. It had to go into 175 to have any chance at all. Campus carry by itself is dead because Roberson knows he can't vote no and retain his base for a US Senate campaign, and he cant vote yes because his opponent will slaughter him in their Campaign commercials. He has to prevent it from ever coming to a vote. Had campus carry gone into 175 and he had let it die, he wouldn't get is promised BIG WIN for gun rights, nor his BIG WIN for domestic violence protection, leaving him with little to run on. This whole fiasco was designed to BLUFF the assembly into believing he would kill all of 175 if they received it with campus carry. The assembly folded when they should have called.

Campus Carry is being euthanized at every turn, not because it's bad policy or because senate republicans don't believe in it, but because it's politically toxic. It will take a legislature that doesn't give a rip about reelection or their political future to ever get it passed.

Last edited:

Jagorilla

It will take a legislature that doesn't give a rip about reelection or their political future to ever get it passed.

Riiiiiiiiiiight, good luck with that one.

But 2 quick questions: If SB-175 is signed by Sandavol what date will the law actually take effect? I believe that for AB-148 it would have been July 1st, so is July 1st just the date that passed laws go into effect, or was that specifically in the bill?

Then since gun registration would be null and void, would the sheriff's office be required to delete all the registration info it currently has?

The Big Guy

Riiiiiiiiiiight, good luck with that one.

But 2 quick questions: If SB-175 is signed by Sandavol what date will the law actually take effect? I believe that for AB-148 it would have been July 1st, so is July 1st just the date that passed laws go into effect, or was that specifically in the bill?

Then since gun registration would be null and void, would the sheriff's office be required to delete all the registration info it currently has?

The date will be Oct 15th.
Yes, all records are required to be e l i m i n a t e d...

TBG

The Big Guy

Are there any 'tangible' benefits of this passing for we up north?
What will be different?

Your question sounds on the surface to be self serving, but I believe that is not what you meant.

Yes, most definitely there are benefits for you up north. The whole state will have the same laws. You will not have to think twice as to whether you are running afoul of local laws as you travel.
It will also be harder for the leftist to pass laws in your area using Clark County as an example.
You will be able to bring litigation against local jurisdictions for violating your rights under state preemption. An example would be the thread on here about your River Days celebration not
allowing firearms in to a public event on public property.

The biggest benefit of all is in knowing that your brothers and sisters in freedom down here now are elevated to the status you in the rest of the state have enjoyed under preemption.

TBG

Last edited:

Jagorilla

Are there any 'tangible' benefits of this passing for we up north?
What will be different?

To add to what The Big Guy said, there is also the expansion/ clarification of justifiable homicide and castle doctrine. Plus the more friendly laws get across the state the closer we get to passing things like constitutional and campus carry.

NAVYBLUE

The plan was the eight who flipped on the 175 amendment were promised that they would have political cover by amending campus carry into 240. They knew that the senate could safely kill SB240 with campus carry because it contained nothing they wanted. The plot was foiled because it didn't matter if it went into SB240 or not, it would be dead either way. Fiore and Hansen kept them from amending SB240 because they wanted those members to own their decision. the introduction on AB487 is designed to give them political cover so they can say they did everything they could, even though they know it has little chance of ever reaching the senate and even less of a chance to pass there.

Roberson NEEDED the Domestic violence provisions of SB175 to campaign on when he runs for senate. The point that was lost on the eight who killed the amendment was that there was no way in hell Roberson would allow 175 to die, his only recourse would have been to have a senate floor vote to concur or not concur exposing their position. It had to go into 175 to have any chance at all. Campus carry by itself is dead because Roberson knows he can't vote no and retain his base for a US Senate campaign, and he cant vote yes because his opponent will slaughter him in their Campaign commercials. He has to prevent it from ever coming to a vote. Had campus carry gone into 175 and he had let it die, he wouldn't get is promised BIG WIN for gun rights, nor his BIG WIN for domestic violence protection, leaving him with little to run on. This whole fiasco was designed to BLUFF the assembly into believing he would kill all of 175 if they received it with campus carry. The assembly folded when they should have called.

Campus Carry is being euthanized at every turn, not because it's bad policy or because senate republicans don't believe in it, but because it's politically toxic. It will take a legislature that doesn't give a rip about reelection or their political future to ever get it passed.

Excellent description of what really has been going on as being described today in LVRJ paper. I am of the belief our glass is half full NOT half empty. Something is better than nothing. Being in a "purple" state that is pretty much Conservative everywhere except the dark blue parts of "inner city" LV and Reno infested by west coast and northeast US liberals who retired here, union brainwashed workers and the "freebie" generation, we have a hard row to hoe for Constitution Carry and Campus Carry.

Have to use the Democratic playbook and primary Roberson so he doesn't get to run for the Senate. Use the "War against women" against him as he wants women on campus to fear they are rape victims in waiting and do what West Virginia did to defeat Al Gore when he ran for president. There was an video ad that showed a coal miner with tears running down his cheeks as described fighting for the worlds freedom in WWII and Gore's attempt to weaken gun ownership nationally. Only 30% of West Virginia Democrats voted for him.

NAVYBLUE

garand_guy

The date will be Oct 15th.
Yes, all records are required to be e l i m i n a t e d...

TBG

I have to agree with TBG. From what I understand of parliamentary procedure, unless the bill has the effective date in it, it does not become effective until October, when all other bills also go 'live.' Probably time for

Priorities
Get Sandoval to sign/not veto (probably a non-issue, but...)
Once it's signed into law, hammer Clark County, and the local cities into removing their ordinances. Write letters, show up to city council meetings, phone calls/emails, etc.
Party/Protest in Sunset Park once the law is effective (and the weather nice again).

Party
NVFAC is doing it's thing up at New Frontier Armory in NLV, which will probably be sooner than later, and largely symbolic. My intent is to challenge the illegal park regulations in the most direct way possible. First, we petition them to be removed from the books as they ought to be. Second, we either party to celebrate Clark County et al getting their act together, or we protest in the park by open carrying.

Based on feedback, rifle OC probably isn't warranted. I'm thinking that more of a "Don't tread on me" thing reserved for more extreme circumstances. Mac and Steve on NVShooters pointed out about showing OC is normal. So handguns it is.

Continuing the theme of normality, we have a legitimate picnic. Everybody can bring their own and I'm sure that myself and others would be willing to pitch in for hot dogs. And of course we have a little speech making. Families and kids would be invited, just like a regular OC meetup. News and politicians too--the gun friendly and unfriendly.

Those are my thoughts. I have too much of them these days.

ed2276

Thank you for taking the time to suss out the issues like that. It not only illustrates to me that republicans are inept at fighting democrats in the political arena when the republicans are in power, they are even inept at fighting political battles against other republicans when in power.