• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Creates Anti-gunners?

Gunslinger

Yes sir... here of late we've all been getting hammered by the anti-gun folks. Why, just look at this here chart...

rtc.gif

:rollseyes:

Very cool! Now, just change WI to dark blue and leave the Gulag to its south the only red state.

Gunslinger

I think the reason you have never had a bad encounter about OCing has to do with being in the west. In NH we always have to deal with the spill over from the Peoples Republic of Mass, where OCing isn't as accepted.

I lived in NH from '83 to '99. Had a CCW from day one, also had one from MA where I'd lived before. Didn't OC all that much, but never had a problem. And living in Merrimack, we were close to the border where the Massholes congregated. Will say OC is more widespread here in CO, but we have a lot more wide open areas where people don't give it a second thought--keeping in mind you could drop all of New England into CO...

jrd929

I lived in NH from '83 to '99. Had a CCW from day one, also had one from MA where I'd lived before. Didn't OC all that much, but never had a problem. And living in Merrimack, we were close to the border where the Massholes congregated. Will say OC is more widespread here in CO, but we have a lot more wide open areas where people don't give it a second thought--keeping in mind you could drop all of New England into CO...

Yeah, I thought about getting a Mass CCW, but I don't know how hard it would be to get.

Gunslinger

Yeah, I thought about getting a Mass CCW, but I don't know how hard it would be to get.

Easy to get a Class B; depends where you live for a Class A. Non-res are simple if you have a valid one from your home state. The State Cops handle those and are even handed about them.

MagsH2

get

I got my LTC in MA. I live on the Border and am in MA alot. It is a pain to get. You will have to get a set a fingerprints done, proof of a training class, copy of birth certificate ( not sure on this one) and copies of current LTC in the state you reside. Besides all that its actually quite easier to get a an LTCA being out of state than it is being a resident. If your a resident your at the mercy of your police chief. An out of state person goes through the firearm bureau and they do a back ground check on you. MA will only give an LTC A if you have one in your home state. They will only match what you have currently. They are shall issue and may not grant you anything or have limitations on the permit.You have to give good reason to have a MA LTC. i'm a self employed plumber and stated that I do enmergency calls at all hours in and around the city areas and such. Saying that you want one because its our right or for self defense wont fly with them. After your able to get your LTC you will need to pay $100 a year and appear in Chelsea, MA to have your finger prints and picture taken....yes, every year. Its a pain in the ass.