• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner

PATRIOT88

Banned
There should not be any confusion on this one. Trying for a meeting/dinner at longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne/highway 70 on the 4th at 4 pm.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
There should not be any confusion on this one. Trying for a meeting/dinner at longhorn steakhouse near lenoir ryhne/highway 70 on the 4th at 4 pm.

1. Recommend you post an actual address that, when typed into Google Maps, shows exactly where the restaurant is. Almost everyone that posts one of these includes an address. It seems to prevent confusion.

2. Good luck for a good turn out. Wish I were close enough to make it.

PATRIOT88

Banned
I have provided date/time. Please, reread the first post and stop seeming to selectively read or read too fast. No adversion, just not a walking phone/address book and limited in what I can do. Laptop is glitching more lately...not on as much. Bring your own money for your meal please. 1332 Highway 70 SE.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have provided date/time. Please, reread the first post and stop seeming to selectively read or read too fast. No adversion, just not a walking phone/address book and limited in what I can do. Laptop is glitching more lately...not on as much. Bring your own money for your meal please. 1332 Highway 70 SE.
When you get your act together let us know.

You can read/comprehend, but choose to respond the way you do. It is tiresome and not a little bit insulting. May have to curtail that soon.

WalkingWolf

1. Recommend you post an actual address that, when typed into Google Maps, shows exactly where the restaurant is. Almost everyone that posts one of these includes an address. It seems to prevent confusion.

2. Good luck for a good turn out. Wish I were close enough to make it.

Exactamundo!

WalkingWolf

PATRIOT88

Banned
Well, one, you seemingly accuse me of not posting the date/time, when I clearly did and I did not avoid anything. Secondly, steak is expensive. you cannot expect me to pay for everyones meals. Show up or not...its that simple. your choice.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
[Drago voice and hogleg being fired]People! People! People![/Drago voice]

Based on previous posts the OP seems to have some difficulty writing simple declarative sentences rather than using the conditional. He wants to start at 1600 (4 PM to you Chair Force guys and for the Marines Mickey's little hand in trying to get inside the pants pocket on his left side (your right side) while his big hand is straight up signaling he needs to make a head stop.) He will wait some amount of time in the hopes that anybody that is a straggler shows up.

He has, however, provided the street address:
1332 Highway 70 SE

I'll just add the postal identifiers and the phone number in case you get lost:
Hickory, NC 28602
Phone number (828) 322-2944

Once you get to Hickory, NC the place is here http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/locations/nc/hickory/hickory/5122

I do not understand why the OP is so adamant about everybody paying for their own meal. It's not usually expected that the host picks up the tab, and the OP has only one experience where a one-time offer to do that was made.

stay safe.

bc.cruiser

As near as I can tell, Walking Wolf and I are about 175 miles away from Hickory. That is beyond my range for a second appearance. As for the rest of you, instead of jumping the OP over sentence structure, perhaps you could have simply asked if he was "trying for" or if that was the actual date, time, and place that the event would occur. If the proposed date and time were inconvenient to several, then an alternate could have been suggested. In his first series of posts members here advised him to set up a meet/greet himself as a method of getting acquainted with other OCers. His first one did not go well, but he is trying.

Patriot88, I won't be there. Based on the replies and those members' locations, don't expect any of the other thread responders to be there either.

PLUR

Been lurking this guys last few threads...

I understand the frustration that occurred the last time he tried to set something up but give him the benefit of the doubt. He's at least trying to set up a meeting which is more than we can say for most people. I would have driven down to Hickory myself today if I wouldn't have been working. It's 115 miles for me too...but if the steak and conversation is good then I'm there. :D

Try to pick a venue that doesn't serve alcohol next time since not all of us have CHPs here. Also, if you can it's always best to give the exact address so there isn't any confusion like there was on your last attempt at a meet up. The best way to get the address is to go on google maps and find the restaurant, clicking on it should give you all the information (e.g. phone number, address) so others have an easy time finding the place. I understand you're a local of Hickory so you can find these places with the directions given, but for us driving in from miles out we have to know the exact location so we can plug it into our GPS. I could find the place with just a map and some hints but I bought a GPS so I didn't have to do that no more. ;)

If you try to host again I may attend, money is a little tight right now so I would prefer burgers instead of steak but it's your party so that's on you. Hopefully you got some people to show up today, if not please don't get discouraged.

Last edited: