• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry experience thread.

Marco

Recently spent a week in AZ, Goodyear to Scottsdale, no issues what so ever.
Was surprised with the warm temps I didn't see anyone OC'ing.

Two officer in a marked SUV in Goodyear did give me the thumbs up.

ISRAEL

Recently spent a week in AZ, Goodyear to Scottsdale, no issues what so ever.
Was surprised with the warm temps I didn't see anyone OC'ing.

Two officer in a marked SUV in Goodyear did give me the thumbs up.
I do O.C. in Good Year, Avondale and Glendale and phoenix, and no issues, Some days I see others O.Carriers, Lots of people stop me to ask about my holsters, I made them and it seems that everybody likes them.

Pikachu712

I used to live in Las Vegas, NV. I open carried more when I live there. Since moving to Tucson I open carry less often. I conceal carry for the most part. Since the shootings over the past few years most places I travel they prefer that their customers not open carry. It is truly sad that some people assume that firearm carriers are people with criminal intentions. If anything we as gun carriers are more law abiding than most individuals. Maybe one day all the negative effects of handguns will fade away. Well, maybe!

Pikachu712

Hi - All I have been asked to post a thread here by some others so that people can relate their open carry experiences.

I know that this is Arizona and it is a given that OC should be a non event. However - besides myself and my family I have rarely seen anyone carrying openly? So let's let others who might be thinking of trying it or are new to the great state of Arizona know that it's okay to do so if they want.

I'll start -

OCed recently at an art fair in Cave Creek. No issues - did have a couple of older couples wisper "he got a gun" I just glanced towards them and smiled and went about my shopping. As they left I noticed they got into a car with Illinois plates so they were probably snow birds from the Chicago area? For the most part I find that rarely do people even notice I am wearing a visible pistol. When they do I just smile or nod and that's that. When I'm out with my family - if my wife is OCing I will often switch to CC just to see the curious looks that people give me and the smiles she gets from many of the women passing by. You see,
I don't mind being viewed as the fellow who has a wife that can protect him and his child if needed at all. ;)

When I lived in Las Vegas NV I used to open carry quite a bit. For the most past I only had positive experience in my day to day travels. The strangest reaction I received was while I was waiting in the check-out line at Wally World. The lady behind me made the comment of, "I hope that gun isn't real!" My response was, "I certainly hope so! There is no point in carrying a fake gun." The look on this ladies face was priceless. Her mouth could have hit the floor. She then told me that she was opposed to people owning gun all together. I replied, "That is your opinion and thank you for letting me know how you feel." I didn't say anything else to her. Some people will never understand open carry.

Last edited: