• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Fish Fry At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday The 7th Of January 2011!

protias

Geez, don't tell me you are going to find another toy to add to your collection :)

I think I am going to look for one of those S&W .45 ACP revolvers.

OK...let's shoot for 11 Sunday morning!

Phil

Wait, when are we going shooting? :p

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Which is why you MUST....hehehe.....give one to me! :)

Geez, don't tell me you are going to find another toy to add to your collection :)

Good luck I have seen 2 625s in the last 2/12years
The 2I own

Hmmm....and I will have to say the same....the ONLY ones I have seen in the last 5 years are the two you have. )

Oh...I have seen a few photos of them! Does that count?

protias

Can you make the next Friday fish fry? That would be the....21st I think?! It is late and my mind is fogging over...long day at work today.
That would be the 21st, but my church fish fry on the 3rd Friday of the month, so I will not be there for that one either. Perhaps the 28th, we'll see. Funds will be more available after February though.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Good luck I have seen 2 625s in the last 2/12years
The 2I own

Actually I like the older S&W .45 ACP revolvers better - the Model 1917. Except you hardly ever see them either, and if they're for sale the owner wants an arm & a leg for it.

S&W m1917 with half moon clips.jpg

Even the new production 1917s are nice, but there's nothing like the original WW I workhorse! I really want one of those...

M

McX

i'm planning on being there for sunday am, dang you guys, so much money to buy fancy guns with. i will make a rule; from now on if you buy a fancy gun, you have to buy one for me too! that goes double for you oldschool!

oldschool

]i'm planning on being there for sunday am, dang you guys, so much money to buy fancy guns with. i will make a rule; from now on if you buy a fancy gun, you have to buy one for me too! that goes double for you oldschool!

As soon as I find the a fore mentioned 1911 chambered in 7.62x25 I'll pick one up for you

heck I'll grab a couple of those for my self!!!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Me too!

I would be interested in one of those....:D

LR Yote

I did see a AR-15 today in 7.62X25 mm. It was a build by a gunsmith in "The Shotgun News". I wish manufacturers would make it in that caliber. It would sell like hot cakes!

OK...a bunch of us are meeting tomorrow at 11 at Lizzy's! Hope to see a bunch of you there in the morning. Bring your recorders in case the anti's show up.

protias

i'll bring my gun, in case any criminals show up.
Gun_Fight.jpg

M

McX

put that pic on my desktop, loved it, so by the pic looks like we need a table for 8?

LR Yote 312

I did see a AR-15 today in 7.62X25 mm. It was a build by a gunsmith in "The Shotgun News". I wish manufacturers would make it in that caliber. It would sell like hot cakes!

They are already available in 7.62x39,so its hard to say what the interest would be.
I know if I had one in the rifle chambering I would have little need for one chambered in the pistol cal.

Another thing to consider,
Even in the pistol chambering some indoor ranges wouldnt allow its use.
Many indoor pistol ranges have a 2,000 fps limit.

LR Yote

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Ah....a carbine in 7.62X25mm would be quite the firearm!

They are already available in 7.62x39,so its hard to say what the interest would be.
I know if I had one in the rifle chambering I would have little need for one chambered in the pistol cal.

Another thing to consider,
Even in the pistol chambering some indoor ranges wouldnt allow its use.
Many indoor pistol ranges have a 2,000 fps limit.

LR Yote

I agree, most ranges would never let you in even if it "LOOKED" like a carbine/rifle unless of course you are outdoors. I don't care much for indoor ranges...way too expensive. The reasons for owning an AR-15 platform in a pistol caliber are many. Many manufacturers already make the AR-15 in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .22LR and I'm sure there are others I didn't list. My particular reason for 7.62X25mm is because the round is very fast and very cheap right now with all the surplus ammo available. And...I wouldn't have to worry about picking up the brass for reloading since it is Berdan primed.

I think I saw a semi auto carbine in 7.62X25mm in a magazine recently. Will have to look it up!

protias

I agree, most ranges would never let you in even if it "LOOKED" like a carbine/rifle unless of course you are outdoors. I don't care much for indoor ranges...way too expensive. The reasons for owning an AR-15 platform in a pistol caliber are many. Many manufacturers already make the AR-15 in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .22LR and I'm sure there are others I didn't list. My particular reason for 7.62X25mm is because the round is very fast and very cheap right now with all the surplus ammo available. And...I wouldn't have to worry about picking up the brass for reloading since it is Berdan primed.

I think I saw a semi auto carbine in 7.62X25mm in a magazine recently. Will have to look it up!

Well, you can pretty much get any round on the AR platform, even a 50 BMG. Who would want to shoot that on such a light rifle is beyond me.