• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open-Carry Gun Owner Videotapes Police Requesting His Permit Inside Connecticut Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjw

Until you prove who you are, and if you are legal, your opinions mean jack, IMO. I will not even read what you post.

Shun~icky!

No problem Mr Wolf, I truly am not trying to change anyone's mind here. That video just got me hot because I thought the guy who recorded it was a true dick head to use one of his expressions.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Totally different. Come on use some common sense. You are walking around with a pistol on your hip for everyone to see. (why I don't know as it puts you at a tactical disadvantage but that's another topic) I understand it is perfectly legal but more than likely that guy was one of 3 guys at BEST OCing that day in Bridgeport. Point is that while yes its legal you are still doing something that almost no one does in these parts. So a uniformed police officer says hey man can I see your permit the response shouldn't be I don't have to show you ****. The response should be oh sure officer here you go I understand I am doing something that's a bit uncommon around here and I know I am doing nothing wrong so here is my permit and here is my foot long and here I go on my merry way. I just don't understand why law abiding citizens want to fight with the police, they are there to help us and should be treated with respect. Now if after showing your permit the police continue to harass you about OCing than that is something totally different and definitely something to argue about, but I would hope and expect that not to be the case.
"Uncommon" is not illegal. Color of law is at the very least harassment, but the police are allowed to lie when fishing.

Without response and continuing on my way, "Have a nice day officer." Been there, done that.

While I[strike]am reasonably sure[/strike] hope it is not your intention, you provide material for restricting our rights and imposing restrictions on OC.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

No problem Mr Wolf, I truly am not trying to change anyone's mind here. That video just got me hot because I thought the guy who recorded it was a true dick head to use on of his expressions.

And the officers were jack wads, the difference is the jack wads work for us, not the other way around. As a former LEO officers in the video make me ashamed of the profession. They should not be allowed on the streets let alone allowed to carry a gun. I treat jack wads with the same respect I treat internet trolls.

Last edited:

notalawyer

No problem Mr Wolf, I truly am not trying to change anyone's mind here. That video just got me hot because I thought the guy who recorded it was a true dick head to use one of his expressions.

Actually he was quite civil - far more than I would have been, especially since the LEO, in essence forced the manager to bar him from the restaurant, and then continued to follow and harass him.

jjw

"Uncommon" is not illegal. Color of law is at the very least harassment, but the police are allowed to lie when fishing.

Without response and continuing on my way, "Have a nice day officer." Been there, done that.

While I[strike]am reasonably sure[/strike] hope it is not your intention, you provide material for restricting out rights and imposing restrictions on OC.

Ok I didn't mean to start all of this my intention is certainly not to restrict anyone's rights. If an officer asks me for my permit he can see it any time he likes. I am all for OC and hope that the guys here who want to do it can do so on their terms. Have a great day guys

WalkingWolf

Ok I didn't mean to start all of this my intention is certainly not to restrict anyone's rights. If an officer asks me for my permit he can see it any time he likes. I am all for OC and hope that the guys here who want to do it can do so on their terms. Have a great day guys

Ohhh come on, you have been on this forum for two years. YOU did intend to start this. What YOU do has nothing to do with us, or me. I am a free citizen, not a surf. This is not Nazi Germany, we do not have to submit to unlawful searches.

BUT I have requested you submit yourself to the same scrutiny you expect us to submit to and you refused.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Dick heads have the same rights as you and me. LOL I have seen guys cursing and otherwise make derogatory comments to a citizen complaining about them and if the cops get out of hand I'll put my 2 cents into the contact.

Cops love me....I'm nice and pleasant as long as they are; once they become obnoxious the claws come out.
I do not like Nuremberg defenses being plead either.

All I've encountered are guys with all bark and no bite.

They bait people is what they do ... a citizen can complain all that they want w/o threatening; if one is not disciplined enough to control their utterances then keeping relatively quite is the best response...its my usual response.

jjw

BUT I have requested you submit yourself to the same scrutiny you expect us to submit to and you refused.[/QUOTE]

If you are an active duty officer of the law and you want to see my permit I will be more than happy to show it to you. Why wouldn't I? I have nothing to hide and the 10 seconds that its going to take isn't going to throw my entire day off. I really think most people would do the same. If you want to walk around quoting the constitution and arguing with the people who keep us safe, that's your business and I hope it works out for you.

jjw

Use language with which you are familiar. It will enhance your credibility; and it needs serious enhancement.

Allude: To refer to something indirectly or by suggestion.

Elude: To evade, or escape from someone or something, especially by using cunning or skill.

Ahh yes the internet grammar gotchya! Ignoring everything that was said because of two letters.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ahh yes the internet grammar gotchya! Ignoring everything that was said because of two letters.

Yet you continue to hang and twist on the very rope you brought here.
icon13.png

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
After all this, am I suppose to think my feelings have been hurt??????

I forgot, never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

WalkingWolf

If you are an active duty officer of the law and you want to see my permit I will be more than happy to show it to you. Why wouldn't I? I have nothing to hide and the 10 seconds that its going to take isn't going to throw my entire day off. I really think most people would do the same. If you want to walk around quoting the constitution and arguing with the people who keep us safe, that's your business and I hope it works out for you

If you have nothing to hide then fess up. But it seems to me you have a lot to hide.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This thread has gone too far astray and is being misused IMO.

Locked it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.