• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Illegal Detainment/Search/Seizure in Whitehall, Pa.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Disgusting. Got to love how RAS has been misconstrued by those cops to mean they can stop anybody they don't know. That's exactly what Terry said.

Sig229

Disgusting. Got to love how RAS has been misconstrued by those cops to mean they can stop anybody they don't know. That's exactly what Terry said.

Apparently most officers have an entirely different definition of "Reasonable" than the public does.

Only way to stop things like this happening is to keep up the good fight.

However, these officers are all given a yearly class that includes notes on OC being legal in PA.

twoskinsonemanns

I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you"

What I don't understand is why these encounters are followed up with law suits?
Are there not many contingency lawyers that would take on these cases?

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
From the PAFOA website:

Come one come all, OC meet and greet at Jordan "Creek" parkway.

If I can figure out a good route to walk maybe even a nice 30hr "march" will be in order.

When? June 23, 11am till..we get tired..

Where? Jordan Creek Parkway at the pavilion near the single baseball diamond.
http://goo.gl/maps/vtzp

For directions look up Jordan Creek Parkway, off of Lehnert road. Whitehall, PA, 18052

Anyone that can bring maybe a frisbee, or even a couple gloves and some baseball's. There is MORE than enough room there for plenty of us to play and jump around, also perfect to fly a kite.

Across the road from this are Tennis courts, and Jordan creek which IS stocked with trout, as previously mentioned. There is also a full course for playing Disc Golf. And a really nice walking path.

Hope too see you all. PLEASE bring some snacks of simple type and PLENTY of water. I was thinking about maybe doing hot dogs on their B.S. Charcoal If anyone can help with providing the food and cooking it I would GREATLY appreciate it as It will be VERY difficult for me to do this all my self as I do not drive. So If a couple of us can ban together and maybe someone can bring some charcoal and some buns for the dogs, I will be bringing a cooler with a couple packs of dogs, chips, and bottled water.

I will personally be bringing two pack of dogs, Nathans, of course. and the Guitar and my rifle. Thanks to all that are planning to attend please let me know via PM so I can get and Idea on head count and what you will be bringing, other than your guns obviously

Hope to see you all there!!!

Long Live the Republic.

david.ross

I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you"What I don't understand is why these encounters are followed up with law suits?Are there not many contingency lawyers that would take on these cases?
I've asked lawyers before in PA, even when a firearm is unlawfully seized during the enforcement of an unlawful county ordinance covering the airport, lawsuits are unlikely to go through unless there are damages which can be assessed by the courts. One may conclude your right to privacy is worthless in court, though I don't believe this.

twoskinsonemanns

I've asked lawyers before in PA, even when a firearm is unlawfully seized during the enforcement of an unlawful county ordinance covering the airport, lawsuits are unlikely to go through unless there are damages which can be assessed by the courts. One may conclude your right to privacy is worthless in court, though I don't believe this.

This is unfortunate and incredible.

david.ross

I'd love current and perspective Pennsylvania firearm owners to find a neutral perspective forum instead of the one posted on OP's post, especially after they completely covered up the Pittsburgh cop killer's posts.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
I'd love current and perspective Pennsylvania firearm owners to find a neutral perspective forum instead of the one posted on OP's post, especially after they completely covered up the Pittsburgh cop killer's posts.

I read most of that guys posts before they vanished. Nothing he wrote could have foretold the crimes he would eventually commit.

david.ross

I read most of that guys posts before they vanished. Nothing he wrote could have foretold the crimes he would eventually commit.

Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.

I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.

MKEgal

twoskinsonemanns said:
I especially like the RAS given by officer for the stop "I don't know you",
At which point the citizen should laugh in his face.
"Explain, please, how not knowing someone is RAS of a crime? I don't know you either, so I should report you for committing a crime, right?"

papa bear

Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.

I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.

does that list include black supremacist and hopolophobic groups?

Last edited by a moderator:

david.ross

Which is exactly what scares the hell out of me regarding some of these people on line and who are contributors to such organizations. You don't know who are the people you want to stay away from like homophobic individuals, cop haters, white supremacists, etc.I'm pondering using a program I've been working on to profile individuals who are contributors to firearm forums to see if there are any connections to illegal or hate groups.
does that list include black supremacist and hopolophobic groups?
Such a find would not surprise me if I found someone against the possession of weapons by law abiding citizens on firearm forums. I've seen member names on forums which upon searches, have directed results to attribution of sexually related forums of the bestial variety.

Last edited:

Jared

From the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) website:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMr06uKKdSo

All their discussion on same is here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/174571-open-carry-stop-video-whitehall-pd.html

For the uninitiated, Whitehall, Pa. is in Lehigh County (the eastern part of the state). It is a suburb of Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region.

To the poster of the video...

Setting open carry aside. Nothing would prevent you from obtaining a Florida, Arizona, Maine, Or New Hampshire license and then carrying that in lieu of a PA License To Carry. There is no law making a resident have a PA license in order to carry concealed.

As far as open carry. A federal civil rights lawsuit would be worth while, otherwise you are being played as a fool by the local PD and it seems that they will continue to play you as a fool.

tyc

From the PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association) website:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMr06uKKdSo

All their discussion on same is here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/174571-open-carry-stop-video-whitehall-pd.html

For the uninitiated, Whitehall, Pa. is in Lehigh County (the eastern part of the state). It is a suburb of Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region.

The video suggests you have a good sharp mind when pressed and you are to be commended for that but to a large extent you appear to be ignorant of the law in so far as to how to use it as an "educational tool."

Have a good look at the "Law" page at the forum entry and make a copy of "Practicing Pro Se". Look at all of it, make a copy of it. Look specifically at 42 USC 1983. Look specifically at Ex Partie Young. These two topics alone should get some "juices" turning.

Just calling the head of the local police department doesn't work, as you've seen in the past - but and action initiated in the PA Commonwealth Court and/or the US 3rd District will definately get the attention of not only the local police chief - but his/her superiors as well.

Something to think about ....

tyc

Fallschirjmäger

Responded on the site-
The officers are "responding to concerned citizenry" about a "man with a gun."
That's cool, it's a fun little game. The officers are hoping that you'll get tired of playing the game and will stop doing it.

I suggest a new strategy I modestly call "Let the Wookie win." Be a cooperative citizen. Call them on a Daily Basis and tell them that you're about to exit the house with a gun. Give them an address and description. Offer to wait for the nice officers.

Police officers are busy people and sometimes there are scheduling conflicts, offer your schedule and see if they're available next Tuesday at 3PM on the corner of Maple and Main. If they can't make it, offer to re-schedule. Be polite, they're often under a lot of pressure.

If they don't get tired of the game after a week or two, call them on a Daily Basis AND every time you arrive/depart a new location. Again, be cooperative; give them a description, give them your name and location and offer to wait. If the nice officers don't show up within what you believe is a reasonable time, call and remind them you're a "man with a gun" and tell them that since you're leaving the current location you'll happily call again from the next.

Above all be polite and cooperative with law enforcement; if they're concerned about "armed people walking around" and feel a need to investigate then you're doing the right thing by warning them that you're armed and walking around.