• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in NC?

Sean3601

I talked to my local PD (Hope Mills, NC) and asked what the law states reference to open carry, the woman put me on hold and asked someone else. When she came back I was told “as long as the weapon is concealed I’ll be ok.” I then asked and if it wasn’t, she told me “I COULD be charged with ‘going in terror of the public’” or something close to that.

If anyone in NC can answer this and a few other questions I would be greatly appreciated.

Sean3601

eye95

NEVER ask the police what the law is. Many don't know. Many lie. They are under no obligation to get it right.

If you want to know the law in NC, please ask in the NC subforum.

nobama

I talked to my local PD (Hope Mills, NC) and asked what the law states reference to open carry, the woman put me on hold and asked someone else. When she came back I was told “as long as the weapon is concealed I’ll be ok.” I then asked and if it wasn’t, she told me “I COULD be charged with ‘going in terror of the public’” or something close to that.

If anyone in NC can answer this and a few other questions I would be greatly appreciated.

Sean3601

Everything that was told to you was incorrect. First, if you dont have a ccp you would be breaking the law, second, going armed to the terror of the public is something they always throw out there to discourage people to OC. Go read up on the truth about GATTTOTP at the NC thread.