• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry movements or associations in NH?

LilRedMeanie

Is there any gatherings (bar-b-q's, litter pick up or other movements) for open carry going on in NH anytime soon? Or does anyone know of a NH Open Carry Association?

NewHampshireNative

Is there any gatherings (bar-b-q's, litter pick up or other movements) for open carry going on in NH anytime soon? Or does anyone know of a NH Open Carry Association?

This area of the state really does not see much of that( other then Keene that is). I had set up a huge BBQ last year and had people coming from all over the state and out of state. But it just did not fall together so it never happened I'm still setting it up for next year over at usacarry.com go under the NH forum and ask about it. Going to hold it in my city(Claremont,NH) the only city in Sullivan county so we will see if I get stone walled by the city for a permit to hold it in the park. To tell you the truth that was one of the main reasons why it did not happen last year I just did not feel like dealing with the city. Not that I know for a fact that they would be Jack*** about it I just have a feeling they would because of the last talk I had with the Parks and Rec department about guns in the park.

I even tried to do the states sponsor a highway program and they turned me down because on the sign we wanted ( NH supporters of usacarry). I then tried to do it again with the same way but this time with ( NH supports of OC) and again told no. They gave me the same bs "Stating that the sign can not support/oppose a political agenda and or legislation" and so on. I may pick that fight up again and really push hard this time to get it approved and then we could have a open carry highway litter pickup.

LilRedMeanie

I'm not too far from Claremont myself. I would be more than willing to participate in any of these events, or even help push things. I am new to all of this though, the political side of things gets me sometimes.

NewHampshireNative

I'm not too far from Claremont myself. I would be more than willing to participate in any of these events, or even help push things. I am new to all of this though, the political side of things gets me sometimes.

LOL you cant be any newer at it then I am. Just started doing stuff like this my self I pick and choose my battles as some are just not worth fighing at this date and time. I will start looking into the sponsor a highway program again and see if I can get tot he bottom of it. I will also step up effort's to get the BBQ together for next year I just did not have time to do it this year. You can PM if you would like to help with any of the idea's or have some of your own you would like to add or try.

Riana

I even tried to do the states sponsor a highway program and they turned me down because on the sign we wanted ( NH supporters of usacarry). I then tried to do it again with the same way but this time with ( NH supports of OC) and again told no. They gave me the same bs "Stating that the sign can not support/oppose a political agenda and or legislation" and so on. I may pick that fight up again and really push hard this time to get it approved and then we could have a open carry highway litter pickup.
I know open carry organizations have adopted chunks of highway in several states - Wisconsin and Virginia come to mind. Somewhere on here there're even pictures of the highway signs.

Is there somewhere you can look up a list of organizations that have adopted NH highways? I'm sure at least one of them represents something that could be a political agenda...

NewHampshireNative

I know open carry organizations have adopted chunks of highway in several states - Wisconsin and Virginia come to mind. Somewhere on here there're even pictures of the highway signs.

Is there somewhere you can look up a list of organizations that have adopted NH highways? I'm sure at least one of them represents something that could be a political agenda...

I'm sure if I called and asked for one they may give me one not really sure. But from what I have seen just from driving around my local area the groups are"Boy Scouts of America,church's, and big company's". I have seen one around my area that is sponsored by the "Sullivan county complex" may not be word for word. Anyone who is from around here knows that the Sullivan county complex is the jail/nursing home. Again the only thing in the 33 page application is this on page six

"(d) The district engineer shall deny an application if the applicant is a group whose primary purpose is supporting or opposing political candidates, or working towards the passage or non-passage of a specific piece of legislation, or advocating for or against a specific public policy agenda.".

I called them today ( Them being DOT in Concord,NH) they had no idea who I needed to speak to and took my name and number and told me someone would call me today. I said it sounds like the only reason why you are not approving the sign we want is because of firearms. I said if that's the case just come out and say it send me a letter stating that. I told them I would get a petition if needed and bring in the media if needed.

NewHampshireNative

So they called back and I spoke to the person who runs this area he said because of the word "Support" it would not be allowed. He said up till now everything has been verbal commutation and that because I have not submitted the application all he could go off of is what he was being told by the person I spoke to a year ago. He did say If I submitted it with the word "Support" it would not be approved(sign was going to say " NH supporters of Open carry"). He said I could submit it with a few names and we could try and find some middle ground and work with each other. The application asks for a group name,Chair person/group contact,groups responsible officer,name of designated safety person. I had a few come to mind for a group name I was going to put "New Hampshire Open Carry"(NHOC) or "New Hampshire Open Carry Association"(NHOCA). Group name on the sign can only be 18 letters so if anyone has any ideas and wants to help post back or PM me. For chair person/contact person I was just going to put my own name down because I'm filling it out but if you would like your name down for one of the others let me know.

doobie

We've been a little light on doing OC activities this year. I'll be more active come Nov. 3rd; after elections.

NYNRA

I visited New Hamsphire this past weekend. I was hoping to see Open Carry in action but I didnt notice anyone carrying. I was visiting Pisgah State Park and spent alittle travel time/down time in Winchester, Hinsdale, Swanzey and Keene. Checked out Brattleboro VT for OC, but got negative results. Guess I was expecting too much.