• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry NE MS

Wulf190

Well after all the mess in hinds county behind us I have been oc everywhere. I must say almost no notice and only thing confusing to me is that I have yet to see anyone else. I really hoped more would oc and excercise that right.

I really feel that if more would step up they would find it's not a big deal and peoples comfort levels would rise. Funny how after the injunction they acted like it would be gunfights in the street dogs and cats living together pure chaos !
I am very happy that now we can at least have the right to feel protected by our own means and only hope more of you will join the club in NE MS.

Thanks and really have enjoyed the forum

Fred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome aboard OCDO.

Check the stickies on top of your state sub-forum for local meet n' greets - best way to get to know the locals.

Wulf190

Thanks for the info grapeshot I am sorry to be so late to respond !
I still have yet to see other ocing however I continue to have positive experiences and no longer feel even a little on display did get the stink eye from some old broad at Wally World however that's all it was so I kept on movin and just chuckled to myself to each his own !

Glocklover20

Thanks for the info grapeshot I am sorry to be so late to respond !
I still have yet to see other ocing however I continue to have positive experiences and no longer feel even a little on display did get the stink eye from some old broad at Wally World however that's all it was so I kept on movin and just chuckled to myself to each his own !

The old greeting ladies are walmart always give me the stink eye as well, I think it's funny and make a joke of it with my girlfriend. I've noticed that people seem to be more comfortable now that they see that the media's " it's going to be the wildest and everyone is going to die" mentality has turned out to be false.

Wulf190

The old greeting ladies are walmart always give me the stink eye as well, I think it's funny and make a joke of it with my girlfriend. I've noticed that people seem to be more comfortable now that they see that the media's " it's going to be the wildest and everyone is going to die" mentality has turned out to be false.

Each day I get more comfortable which seems to make others feel better I am still so surprised to not see others doing it in my area! I was in a bank today getting some things notarized and a LEO came in nodded at me and went about his own biz and the other day state trooper at quick stop breezed by me with no concern. I had hoped for those kind of reactions and really now when I don't have my pistol I feel a little odd sure wished more people would realize what a good thing in our crazy world that the law abiding citizen being armed is a great thing for society. I know that just recently the young women in Magee ms was stabbed to death inside a restaurant in a small town with those kinds of things happening just reinforces why a armed society is a polite society.

Glocklover it's funny when I got the look at walmart my 10 year old stepson said well I bet someone try to rob her she sure be hoping you were around ! Form the mouth of babes !! Lol

mjd1978

I was working in Holly Springs the other night . Nearly every business in town has a no firearm sign up because the police chief handed them out so I ALWAYS open carry there. I had a young cop approach me and without saying a word reached out and shook my hand. That was the best encounter yet. I have had no issues so far , mostly people just want to know what kind of 1911 I'm carrying. LOL

Glocklover20

Glocklover it's funny when I got the look at walmart my 10 year old stepson said well I bet someone try to rob her she sure be hoping you were around ! Form the mouth of babes !! Lol[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a very smart kid

Wulf190

I was working in Holly Springs the other night . Nearly every business in town has a no firearm sign up because the police chief handed them out so I ALWAYS open carry there. I had a young cop approach me and without saying a word reached out and shook my hand. That was the best encounter yet. I have had no issues so far , mostly people just want to know what kind of 1911 I'm carrying. LOL

Funny you mentioned that I was in senatobia and around holly springs stopped at a quick stop and saw the sign on the door turned right around and left there not gonna get my buck fifty for a cup of coffee the next place I was in line guy asked what kind of 1911 I was carrying quick chat and told him he has that right as well maybe another convert lol just for info it's a Springfield lw champion operator such a sweet piece ! What kind do you carry ?

Wulf190

Glocklover it's funny when I got the look at walmart my 10 year old stepson said well I bet someone try to rob her she sure be hoping you were around ! Form the mouth of babes !! Lol

Sounds like a very smart kid[/QUOTE]

He sure is ! Quite the character ! You know he's been in my life since he was five and his dad and I are both lets just say into the right to keep arms and teaching him safety and respect has been priority my dad always had multiple weapons in our home his rules were simple you can look or hold any gun we have as long as we were together took all the need to be curious away and no need to sneak anytime I asked we could which then. Became a firearms safety course same thing I did with him and proud to say has been very effective. When people make it a big mystery or so off limits what's most kids gonna do ? That's how they get hurt or someone else's kid !

Glocklover20

Sounds like a very smart kid

He sure is ! Quite the character ! You know he's been in my life since he was five and his dad and I are both lets just say into the right to keep arms and teaching him safety and respect has been priority my dad always had multiple weapons in our home his rules were simple you can look or hold any gun we have as long as we were together took all the need to be curious away and no need to sneak anytime I asked we could which then. Became a firearms safety course same thing I did with him and proud to say has been very effective. When people make it a big mystery or so off limits what's most kids gonna do ? That's how they get hurt or someone else's kid ![/QUOTE]

I don't have kids yet but do take my very young brothers to shoot during the summer. I do the same always let them see or touch anything they want as long as I'm with them so they don't have to hide it, I taught them basic gun safety and learned very quickly that even after you teach them the right and wrong ways that you only put 1 round in that mag they are shooting lol. Learned that the hard way but kids are kids just have to watch them. Overall it's very fun to educate them safely so they do not grow up either scared of guns or grow to use them in improper ways.

mjd1978

Funny you mentioned that I was in senatobia and around holly springs stopped at a quick stop and saw the sign on the door turned right around and left there not gonna get my buck fifty for a cup of coffee the next place I was in line guy asked what kind of 1911 I was carrying quick chat and told him he has that right as well maybe another convert lol just for info it's a Springfield lw champion operator such a sweet piece ! What kind do you carry ?

I haven't spent a dime in Holly Springs since the signs went up! I carry a Remington R1 Stainless. Not top of the line but a good gun for the money.

Wulf190

I haven't spent a dime in Holly Springs since the signs went up! I carry a Remington R1 Stainless. Not top of the line but a good gun for the money.

Ya don't think I will be shopping holly springs either !

Rock island great 1911 I have the subcompact as well nice pistol 1911 are now kind of like designer clothes for some however I always consider most armed altercations happen in less than 6 ft so I figure not much diff between a high dollar piece and your rock island a lot more to do with status for some it's a tool and if you want for target or comp then spend the money I do up close drills with mine and really deployment and instinctive shooting mean more to me ! My soapbox preaching for the day lol

Kopis

i was CCing this weekend in southaven as i didnt know which stores the wife planned to take me to. The last time i was down there was about a week before the OC law went into effect. I asked 4 LEOs who basically told me that OC is the devil, people will run in fear/mass panic etc and that OC wasnt legal. Anyway, saw an officer around the mall and flagged him down to ask if OC is legal and what their training is on it?

He responded with a dejected voice "yes it's legal", "unless you look threatening or up to no good, we arent to confront you."

now, if they could just make the restaurants in MS no smoking!

Wulf190

Good afternoon all ,
Had another positive day oc had an older man approach me in AT&T store asked if I was Leo at first I thought well this could go either way then to my pleasant surprise he started inquiring about oc and laws in ms for vehicle carry and carry in other states had a nice chat told him what I knew however encouraged him to look up some web sites for further clarification and told him to be sure and understand the laws for himself. Also had positive remark from worker at mcallisters said he thought it was great that I was willing to oc and if he could afford to have a gun he would like to oc as well I told him thanks for the support however if he wanted to oc be sure he gets a lot of time shooting and handling b4 taking that step so as not to put oh self or others at risk. Very nice guy both of these places were in Corinth ms. Well just thought I would share that again I was around multiple people and had only good response so maybe there's still hope for humanity lol

Fred

Wulf190

Hello well today I cruise into the main st tupelo renasant bank oc as always and am approached by some older lady employee who ask am I Leo I reply no just oc she tells me I can't be there with weapon I tell her I am sorry I saw no posting and have been coming in every week and was there Monday and saw no sign she then try's to tell me it's been that way for 3 weeks or more and at all branches however as I look at door they did add a gun buster sign very hard to see and next to the normal sign about hoodie, sunglasses ect . I told her I would secure then I called the vp friend at the other branch in another local town he was surprised and said there has been no rule applied company wide and did relay to me this woman was a pain to deal with already the funny thing is she almost acted half afraid and still somewhat empowered sad realty all the tellers know me and have never even acted like they cared I actually think I may have inspired this ban as I am in there regularly so I'm going to the other branch in tupelo to ck with them see if same policy really don't understand this need to make this such a scary thing boggles my mind just remember to look these signs are not that easy to read however I was polite and made sure she couldn't say I was an ass
No prob anywhere else went to lunch and few other places guess it's just funny to see this need to think they are empowered ! Have good night all
Fred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Paragraphs, punctuation, and sentence breaks would be much appreciated.

Please don't reference signs, it only encourages such. If they don't want you, then they don't want your business/money.

Wulf190

Paragraphs, punctuation, and sentence breaks would be much appreciated.

Please don't reference signs, it only encourages such. If they don't want you, then they don't want your business/money.

Grapeshot you know I looked back and realized I ran away with thoughts sorry to all. Sometimes with I pad so trying not to mess up with predictive text didn't even realize one big run on lol.

As for the sign issue I don't really think giving others a heads up encourages anything. However I will be changing banks. Thanks for the grammar reminder ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
As for the sign issue I don't really think giving others a heads up encourages anything. However I will be changing banks.
The "sign issue" is a very big thing here.

A "heads up" can be obtained in many ways: by experience sharing on OCDO, by looking at Friend or Foe , or by simply presuming that you will not have a problem until you do......someone had to take the first step, break the ice.

Gun Buster signs OTOH are there for all of the world to see and thereby help to promote and further the idea that guns are bad. Suggesting their use in fact encourages putting them up. Please don't.