• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry ny

The Truth

I've known this guy for better than 20 years. He read it to us over the phone, and i'd trust his words. He'd never make this up.

Need more than some random dude's word otherwise it's just hearsay.

Last edited:

solus

the truth, your post capture makes it appear i stated that vice ENNION...

ipse

Ennion

Need more than some random dude's word otherwise it's just hearsay.

To you, he's 'some random dude', to me, He's a solid trusted friend of my family. A man i know to be truthful and honest, and a 15 year holder of his CCW, you dont have to believe me, or him, and i dont care of you do or dont. I trust him. Thats all that matters to me.

food for thought.

Last edited:

solus

[h=1]Federal court upholds New York gun licensing[/h]by NYSRPA | Nov 27, 2012 | Latest | Federal court upholds New York gun licensing – A federal court has rejected a challenge to New York’s process for licensing concealed handguns, a move cheered by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. It is illegal for a private citizen to openly carry a pistol in the Empire State, and licenses to carry concealed weapons are issued if applicants show “proper cause” for carrying a gun. This gives judges broad discretion, and has made it extremely difficult for citizens in some areas to obtain handguns.

https://www.nysrpa.org/federal-court-upholds-new-york-gun-licensing/

ipse

The Truth

To you, he's 'some random dude', to me, He's a solid trusted friend of my family. A man i know to be truthful and honest, and a 15 year holder of his CCW, you dont have to believe me, or him, and i dont care of you do or dont. I trust him. Thats all that matters to me.

food for thought.

To anyone who isn't YOU he is a random dude. If you plan on posting here often I am simply giving you some insight into the mindset of not only this forum, but life in general. No one cares what Billy Jim Bob's Uncle's brother's coworker said. That's called hearsay and is virtually useless. There's even a forum rule entitled "Cite to Authority" for when people make claims of legality. Someone makes a claim that X is legal in Y state and cites "a man they trust unequivocally" it really doesn't matter if it's not backed up by statute or case law. The Pope could make a claim for all I care.

A lot of people claim a lot of things. It's better to only make claims which you can prove. Hearsay ain't gonna cut it.

Food for thought.

Ennion

[h=1]Federal court upholds New York gun licensing[/h]by NYSRPA | Nov 27, 2012 | Latest | Federal court upholds New York gun licensing – A federal court has rejected a challenge to New York’s process for licensing concealed handguns, a move cheered by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. It is illegal for a private citizen to openly carry a pistol in the Empire State, and licenses to carry concealed weapons are issued if applicants show “proper cause” for carrying a gun. This gives judges broad discretion, and has made it extremely difficult for citizens in some areas to obtain handguns.

https://www.nysrpa.org/federal-court-upholds-new-york-gun-licensing/

ipse

Awesome, thats what i've been looking for.
Google can be uncooperative at times.

Thanks!

Ennion

To anyone who isn't YOU he is a random dude. If you plan on posting here often I am simply giving you some insight into the mindset of not only this forum, but life in general. No one cares what Billy Jim Bob's Uncle's brother's coworker said. That's called hearsay and is virtually useless. There's even a forum rule entitled "Cite to Authority" for when people make claims of legality. Someone makes a claim that X is legal in Y state and cites "a man they trust unequivocally" it really doesn't matter if it's not backed up by statute or case law. The Pope could make a claim for all I care.

A lot of people claim a lot of things. It's better to only make claims which you can prove. Hearsay ain't gonna cut it.

Food for thought.

I've known all along you cant do that, just trying to pin down why the Sheriffs office would send such a letter.

Anyhow, the NYSYPA article is exactly what I've been trying to locate, clarification.

No offense was intended.

Thanks for the help.

The Truth

I've known all along you cant do that, just trying to pin down why the Sheriffs office would send such a letter.

Anyhow, the NYSYPA article is exactly what I've been trying to locate, clarification.

No offense was intended.

Thanks for the help.

No problem at all! Herein lies the challenge when fighting for what's right.

solus

OP, your opening hyperbole, then defiant tirade when challenged about the credibility of the initial hearsay data, then contrite response...oh that article was what I was looking for all along isn't going to fly and you know it.

what was your true intent ?

ipse

Ennion

I was looking for something to clarify the letter. Thats all, there's no deep dark intent, and nothing nefarious.

If i happen to get my hands on a copy of that letter, i'll post it.

Google finds what it thinks you want, but not always what I'm looking for.