• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry.org is wrong on current Kansas law

Kansas-kid

While Kansas is an open carry state, they have incomplete preemption on open carry. This means that there are some local ordinances that could constitute a nightmare for the law abiding citizen, except for concealed handgun permit holders when inside vehicles.

Since July 01 2014 a law passed that said any municipalities cannot enforce or make laws stricter than that of the state. Also you can carry a loaded weapon anywhere in your vehicle except your person without a CCH.

http://ksag.washburnlaw.edu/opinions/2014/2014-014.pdf

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome aboard OCDO Kansas-kid.

Moved this to the Kansas sub-forum as this is a state specific issue, not a general or national one.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm sure that other locals will be along shortly to continue this conversation/thread.

The Administration of OCDO has a heavy load and other demands on their time, so sometimes updating can lag a great deal.

I will pass this on for confirmation and modification as warranted.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Grapeshot, it seems this is coming up more and more often. We had a whole thread last year about the SERIOUS errors on the Nevada page, and nothing was ever done that I know of. I might suggest removing such pages until those responsible have the time to properly update them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot, it seems this is coming up more and more often. We had a whole thread last year about the SERIOUS errors on the Nevada page, and nothing was ever done that I know of. I might suggest removing such pages until those responsible have the time to properly update them.
Not dumping on anyone nor intending to pass the buck, but I do not have the authority to change those pages. Have passed the information and a link to this thread up the ladder.