• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry report

Firearms Iinstuctor

I had some business to do in town last Thursday.

I had my 1911 in a nice leather pancake holster along with matching double mag holder.

First stop was my local credit union to drop some papers off, then in this order, my lawyers office, gas station, local metal recycler, post office where I had to disarm before entering, local farm supply, then wal-mart.

Still waiting for the post office ban to go away.

All done with out so much as a side wards look.

Last edited:

protias

I wish my credit union would take down their stupid sign. All it does is disarm the LAC and enable the criminal.

On the plus side, the company I work for does not prohibit OC and says CC is prohibited unless you have a license.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I wish my credit union would take down their stupid sign. All it does is disarm the LAC and enable the criminal.

On the plus side, the company I work for does not prohibit OC and says CC is prohibited unless you have a license.
So, why are you letting "your" credit union to not allow you carry in "your" credit union? After all it is "your" credit union. That would be like my wife telling me I can't carry in my own house.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Go to the annual meeting introduce a resolution and have it voted on by the membership.

If you can get 20 members to agree you can rule the annual meeting \.

There is normally a low turn out.

My CU has to offer a free meal to get people to show up.

My CU is not posted I have carried there many times.