• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying at 21

XDMgunner7

I am a new member and a new gun owner who would prefer to open carry however I have heard some negative feedback about younger people open carrying. I would just like to know if their are some others here in the charlotte area who are my age and open carry and how they have been treated. Also if you have any tips on it you could share with me.

Thanks

Steveboos

I am a new member and a new gun owner who would prefer to open carry however I have heard some negative feedback about younger people open carrying. I would just like to know if their are some others here in the charlotte area who are my age and open carry and how they have been treated. Also if you have any tips on it you could share with me.

Thanks

I am 22, Live in Charlotte, And have been Open Carrying for a little over 2 months. I have owned my Beretta PX4 FS. 45 since i turned 21 as it was the first thing i bought. I carry to Walmart, Target, Harris Teeter, Guitar Center, Garden Center, Home Depot, Lowes, Bi-Lo, Autozone, Advance Auto, Petsmart, Best Buy, and i'm sure i'm missing a few others. No issues so far, no one says anything, no one even notices it seems. I've lived in Charlotte my whole life, so i know it very well, but you have to consider that it does vary from area to area how much people notice. In South Charlotte, no problems so far.

Steveboos

Looks as if they don't want anyone to see that fine print.
I can see why it gets overlooked.

Yeah i OCed in there a couple weeks back in and out, didn't even go to the register(their prices are terrible). So i walked out. Read about that fine print sign on here just a few days after. That is a really snide way of saying no Weapons, they wont receive my business any longer.

XDMgunner7

Thanks for the info I decided to give it a go and went to tire kingdom and a few places a few looks but no big problem hope it continues.

spinks8824

I'll be moving down there after christmas, across the street from UNCC, and you bet anytime I'm not on campus I'll be open carrying
where i'm legally allowed to of course

Steveboos

I'll be moving down there after christmas, across the street from UNCC, and you bet anytime I'm not on campus I'll be open carrying
where i'm legally allowed to of course

Please do. I really want people in Charlotte to get more used to LAC open carrying. This way it's not such a shock to them when they see someone with a gun on their side. I have no had any problems and it seems others in Charlotte haven't either. But only getting more people out there OCing will really make the difference!

papa bear

knowing that legal OC age in NC is 18. there should be no problems with OC at 21

but know that there are people who will give you a hard time from 18 to 80. you might be harassed by civilians and LEOs alike,

but know your laws. know your surroundings. learn how to handle both. if you are some kind hot head you shouldn't be carrying. keep a good attitude and be friendly, fair, but firm in what you do and believe

Steveboos

I say, If your open carrying, EXPECT to be stopped by citizens and LEO's for questions or just plain curiosity. If you don't know how to handle conversations with strangers or are very shy, OC might not be for you. But if you are well versed, know the laws in your area, and can have a mature conversation with the other party, then you are golden.

Always good to play scenarios over in your head and try and practice what you would say if you are confronted by law enforcement, or a very angry and/or Anti-Gun citizen.

Age makes no difference when Carrying, it's the mentality. I've met some 30 and 40 year old who are so immature i can't stand to be around them. Then I've also met some like-minded people around my age that are very mature and experienced for their age. So play yours cards right, BE VERY AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, and you should have no real problems at all!

spinks8824

Please do. I really want people in Charlotte to get more used to LAC open carrying. This way it's not such a shock to them when they see someone with a gun on their side. I have no had any problems and it seems others in Charlotte haven't either. But only getting more people out there OCing will really make the difference!

I sure am, as well as my 2 roomates who OC's daily

lannie

knowing that legal OC age in NC is 18. there should be no problems with OC at 21

but know that there are people who will give you a hard time from 18 to 80. you might be harassed by civilians and LEOs alike,

but know your laws. know your surroundings. learn how to handle both. if you are some kind hot head you shouldn't be carrying. keep a good attitude and be friendly, fair, but firm in what you do and believe

Well said!

Lannie