• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

opencarry.org apparel?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
What's the deal with the monkey, anyway? Personally, my take is that monkeying around and guns don't mix...
I hired an artist to come up with a mascot of sorts for the casual t-shirts.

For those who are looking for a more professional look, we have polo shirts, non-mascot T's and ball caps.

Mike and I will be wearing them at GRPC in Charlotte, NC on the weekend of the 22nd. I hope that many OCDO members will be able to come out and join us.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

kentuckywingman wrote:
the stuff looks great. how about some nicer hat options? (black)

and perhaps a black t-shirt with white logo?
I'll get right on it. It might take a week or so to do some black background layout's and then I will post an announcement.

VAopencarry

imported post

John, No I haven't received it yet but it's probably only been 3-4 workdays. I like the monkey, it's kind of lighhearted while still getting the message across. The kids will probably get some for x-mas. :)

I will reserve final judgement until after I see the shirt in person. But it seems the gun is too small, almost that if you aren't looking for it, it is un-noticeable.

Was the artist an anti?:shock:

norahc

imported post

I like the monkey shirts, but would suggest that the complete website address be listed on the front (around the logo) and on the back (below the current design). That way it becomes an advertisment for this site and points the shy people to a source of information.

TrueBrit

imported post

Like Jim, I am not a monkey fan either!However I recall that Mr. Pierce made mention of a chick shirt,and was wondering how that project was coming along?

TrueBrit.

expvideo

imported post

Can we get the polo (the one with pistol and full webaddress) in any colors other than white? I like black polos, tan polos, green, etc... Not really a white fan, but if that's all that's available...

nh92d

imported post

i'll definatly be getting a monkey t-shirt come payday..maybe even a hat.

1.gif
<-----just glad we didn't use this monkey..prob would of been bad karma.

:lol:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

nh92d wrote:

1.gif

You do know where the monkey I use as my avatar comes from don't you? He is the evil monkey that lives in Chris' room on Family Guy :p

nh92d

imported post

jpierce wrote:
nh92d wrote:

1.gif

You do know where the monkey I use as my avatar comes from don't you? He is the evil monkey that lives in Chris' room on Family Guy :p
oh i know.....stewie kicksbutt :lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
How about an OCDO halter for the ladies? :cool:

Now, now, Mike -- halters are NOT for ladies - they're for you guys. C'mon, admit it.

Thanks, but in the interest of consideration for my fellow human, I'll pass. :D

swatpro911

imported post

excellent idea for those who doesnt know S**t about gun laws in virginia. Also publish your business card with www.opencarry.org on the back of the card so people would know and get online and see for themselves. Remember you dont need to explain anything and dont waste your breath on those suckers. lol