• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Openly carrying a Ruger LCP...?

SPOProds

i used to oc an 8 round .22 mag snubby revolver ,nevr felt undergunned.

I never feel under gunned, until the other guy has a gun. Then, i want a semiauto with 3 mags

Individually Responsible.
Sent from the back of a black van

shaun

I think OC with the LCP would be no problem. It does, in my opinion, shoot differently than what you may or my not be accustomed to. Fired my LCP for the first time today and am glad I did as it showed me it does require my practicing with it a bit more. The top target shows my shots all over the place. That liitle guy can kick and size does not indicate its power. Note: The bottom target was my designated 1911 warm up which I see the LCP wanted to join.

The center target to the right is a bit better as I was starting to get the feel of it. Only took 50 rounds with me so I didn't get more shots in. As the target indicates, the 380 would have no problem when needed. Again, it's about the shot placement. OC it proudly and shoot it often.

a5aseba2.jpg

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I carry an LCP as a BUG for my SIG .40 P239. The LCP stays out of sight in a pocket holster. As another poster said, I carry the LCP solo when biking just to save weight, and when I know for certain that I will not be crossing into DC or Maryland (from the Commonwealth of Virginia).

Firearms Iinstuctor

Any firearm with metal components can rust, even those with stainless components.

My brother who should have known better shows up one day with is EDC a glock 17 that has been on his belt for a long time.

When I looked at it the slide was fairly rusty after talking about it I did a total tear down and cleaning. Familiarity some times breeds contempt.

FreeInAZ

nothing wrong with .40

Not to start a ammo war - comparing a 10mm to a 40S&W is like comparing a .357 to a .38. Both will kill you, one just a lot faster. ;) 40 is the choice of LE across most the country, so it must be good for something....

R.D.

Openly carrying a ruger LCP

IN my opinion size of the gun has little ( no pun intended ) to do with it, we carry what we like and are comfy with I have several different guns and calibers of all shape and size from micro compact 380 to full size 1911. I carry all of them at one point or another depends on my circumstance at the time. I am confident that the all will get the job done if ever it is required.

WalkingWolf

Not to start a ammo war - comparing a 10mm to a 40S&W is like comparing a .357 to a .38. Both will kill you, one just a lot faster. ;) 40 is the choice of LE across most the country, so it must be good for something....

In NYC it is good for shooting innocent bystanders~~:lol:

Firearms Iinstuctor

All depends on what loads one is using having chronograph many 10mm and 40s, the 40 can have more power, the low end 10mm are less powerful then the high end 40s.

As far as killing faster that all a matter of shot placement.

FreeInAZ

All depends on what loads one is using having chronograph many 10mm and 40s, the 40 can have more power, the low end 10mm are less powerful then the high end 40s.

As far as killing faster that all a matter of shot placement.

I should have been more specific, sorry - in most higher end self defense rounds the 10mm is faster and delivers more engergy. 1600fps is darn fast out of a semi-auto pistol in my opinion.

See charts / 10mm
http://www.ballistics101.com/10mm.php

VS.

.40 S&W
http://www.ballistics101.com/40_caliber_sw.php

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...1600fps is darn fast out of a semi-auto pistol in my opinion.

Yep. The Russians were punching through helmets with 7.62x25mm at those speeds long ago...

I OC my Yugoslavian Tokarev every once in a while.