• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opinion on M&P bodyguard

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, for starters, are you talking about the .38 Special revolver or the .380 Automatic pistol?

Second, welcome!

WalkingWolf

I have handled the 380, but not shot it. I was helping a young lady at the LGS pick out a CC. It seemed to me to be the lighter gun to rack than the other 380's. Trigger was OK for me, but then I am used to revolvers. Have not handled the M&P revolver.

solus

my hands are bear paws and i looked at the bodyguard for an ankle BUG and it was uncomfortable in my hands while i ran a couple mags through it..

ipse

OC4me

My wife's first cc gun was the .380 bodyguard pistol. I liked it and stole it from her and used it as my bug. Meanwhile she bought a Taurus Curve. A few days ago she tired of the Taurus and nabbed the little S&W .380 back.

Neither of us have had any issues with the S&W .380 Bodyguard. It is a good little pistol.

tcmech

I have a model 642 airweight that my daughter took with her to college and an M&P Shield 9mm that my wife decided she liked (stole). While neither are the bodyguard you mention I like both and am willing to let the people who mean the most to me carry them as a primary means of self defense.

new guy dean

about the M&P Bodyguard

I have had and used a 380 for about 6 months...The con's are....it's a little awkward to use if you have big hands, it isn't accurate very far, and it is the DEVIL to take apart and clean. The pro's are...it is accurate for at least 3 yards (close-contact need), and it is easily concealable. A lot of experienced shooters consider it a pop-gun that isn't really effective, but some of those guys are the same ones who want to go out with a cannon concealed every time they travel. I've had no trouble with mine firing...what it's meant for, it does well.

DWCook

Activist Member
I'm with others, I can't seem to like compact/Sub Compact side arms. My hands are too big grip wise and it's just uncomfortable for me to even want one. Yes some sub-compact sidearms are comfortable and usable, but I just make it easier by buying full size instead of compact.

solus

I'm with others, I can't seem to like compact/Sub Compact side arms. My hands are too big grip wise and it's just uncomfortable for me to even want one. Yes some sub-compact sidearms are comfortable and usable, but I just make it easier by buying full size instead of compact.

subs & sub compacts are bad for BUGs but i want to practice on them to get proficient but my whole bloody arm is shaking from holding on to the firearm's smallish grip with my huge paws while running through even 5-10 mags...

ipse