• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orinda: Four dead in Halloween party AirBNB Mansion Party shooting. “BYOB” “BYOW[eapon]”

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan

solus

Alas dougie...I see why you read the newly translated ancient tomes...

Eastbaytimes & Mercury both want $$$ to browse their newspeek article about a mass shooting...😠

interestingly, ABC7 took the newsfeed from eastbaytimes...[nbc/abc/others also?]
Updated an hour ago
ORINDA, Calif. (KGO) -- Four people have died and four people are injured after a Halloween night shooting during a house party in Orinda, police said.

Police said they were called to the scene at Lucille Way and Knickerbocker Lane around 10:45 p.m.

The Orinda police chief confirmed that the shooting took place at a short-term rental. The East Bay Times reports that a flyer had gone out advertising an Airbnb mansion Halloween party. The party was scheduled to start at 10 p.m. and people were asked to BYOB and BYOW, the report said. People were reportedly told to directly message the host to find the party. There were at least 100 people at the party when authorities arrived.

Police have not released any details about the victims, shooter(s) or the party hosts.

The owner of the home had no comment.

solus

In addition to crippled no-performance high security browsers I collect tools to hop paywalls to tough for Dog Bert ipse to surmount.

Ah, so nice to see the relapse through your exhibition of standard narcissistic behaviour manifest itself once again dougie, and again with elementary playground chides...nice...

though sorry you relapsed ~ did you stop your meds or deviate from your treatment plan?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
In addition to crippled no-performance high security browsers I collect tools to hop paywalls to tough for Dog Bert ipse to surmount.
You do know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion don't you? The same applies to "pay" websites.
You can either buy the book or check it out free at the library, avoidance. If that option is not available and no other option is available to obtain the book without paying, evasion.

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
https://techxplore.com/news/2019-11-airbnb-party-houses-deadly.html
Airbnb's boss announced Saturday that the online platform, which offers private homes for rent for short periods, is banning "party houses" after a deadly shooting at a Halloween event in California.

Five people were killed and others wounded in a Thursday night shooting in Orinda, California, in a house that had been rented on Airbnb.
More than 100 people were present at the event, which was announced on social media.
"Starting today, we are banning 'party houses' and we are redoubling our efforts to combat unauthorized parties and get rid of abusive host and guest conduct, including conduct that leads to the terrible events we saw in Orinda,"