• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Vehicle Registration Case Opinions

vrwmiller

imported post

Ok...I know this is not firearm or OC related, but this is a "general discussion" forum yes? This is a semi-freedom related question, I believe :).

I have been trying to locate any court opinions on the legality of vehicle registration when the purchaser maintains possession of the Certificate of Origin/Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO), but have found none in several hours of fruitless searching.

I am wondering if someone may have personal experience or documented knowledge of the outcome of such cases in any state in the Union. This has become a topic of interest for me and I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

You're definitely going to want to check local state statutes with regards to vehicle registration to see what qualifies at the 'title'. You're in a strong position if you have the MSO, but I don't know of any cases where this has been tried.