• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Woman arrested for no reason...

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't what to make of this one ... a notice of trespass may have averted this video ...

Not that familiar with Alaska law ...

But there they are yap yap yapping away ....

WalkingWolf

I see a new double wide in her future, courtesy of the AST. She trespassed the trooper several times, he should be charged, but I doubt he will be. She should have never let them in to begin with.

Tucker6900

I see a new double wide in her future, courtesy of the AST. She trespassed the trooper several times, he should be charged, but I doubt he will be. She should have never let them in to begin with.

The most recent article shows that the officers are still on the job. Double Standard in full effect.

rushcreek2

I stopped watching the " Alaska State Troopers" show on NATGEO Channel because I became irked, and disgusted with the demeaning posture they exhibit in dealing with native Alaskans, plus their regularly expressed disdain for the fact that everyone in Alaska carries a gun - REALLY ??? Apparently the pattern of abuse of Natives has now been expanded to include all of the public in Alaska. Maybe the abuse of the Native Alaskans will now be addressed as well.

The problem is that a COP has to operate on the edge of the "threshold" where reaction time may mean the difference between going home , or not. This programming unfortunately doesn't differentiate well between levels of threat . Hence they become robotic- reacting much like a sprung rat trap- even when approached by a mouse. This was an auto-response by the trooper. Once the slam down occurred they FELT LIKE they had to arrest her - or else OFFER HER AN APOLOGY , and take their lumps like men. The result is a doubling down on further errors in judgement. She will soon be the proud new owner of some prime Alaskan real estate, and the "defendants" in the lady's coming civil suit will have a desk job for a while.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...The problem is that a COP has to operate on the edge of the "threshold" where reaction time may mean the difference between going home, or not. ...

Though to a lesser degree than most actually productive jobs on the planet.

rushcreek2

Also.....it is always worthy of a little reminder that that shiny Badge, gun, and flashy blue & red lights don't circumvent the U.S. Constitution.

EMNofSeattle

I'm I the only one who sees this... take a look at the video, the trooper is leaving and she goes right behind him and grabs appears as though she's grabbing her door.... but the trooper she's right behind appears to be wearing his weapon left handed, although the footage is too grainy to tell for sure...

If he's wearing a gun left handed, and she reachers her hand right there left side, it appears to be PC of a gun grab....

lesson to be learned here

1) if you don't want them in, don't answer the door.
2) when they finally leave, wait until the leave and clear the door frame before shutting the door.

WalkingWolf

I'm I the only one who sees this... take a look at the video, the trooper is leaving and she goes right behind him and grabs appears as though she's grabbing her door.... but the trooper she's right behind appears to be wearing his weapon left handed, although the footage is too grainy to tell for sure...

If he's wearing a gun left handed, and she reachers her hand right there left side, it appears to be PC of a gun grab....

lesson to be learned here

1) if you don't want them in, don't answer the door.
2) when they finally leave, wait until the leave and clear the door frame before shutting the door.

Her hand was too high to be reaching for his gun~~she clearly was reaching for the door to close it behind him. Unless he had his bug taped to the top of his head.

EMNofSeattle

No, the arm is below shoulder level of the officer. Regardless it doesn't matter, it takes a fraction of a second to move your hand to a gun from that position.

Hardly abuse, and in most states what the woman did would easily be classed as a felony. It appears the officer stated she was being charged with disorderly. She'll probably pay a fine and be allowed to move on with her life with an important lesson about attitude control and crowding people with guns....

But no, the cop will say he feared this was an attempt to disarm and the video will be mark "states exhibit" far from being used to complain against the officer, it will only sustain whatever charges are brought

WalkingWolf

No, the arm is below shoulder level of the officer. Regardless it doesn't matter, it takes a fraction of a second to move your hand to a gun from that position.

Hardly abuse, and in most states what the woman did would easily be classed as a felony. It appears the officer stated she was being charged with disorderly. She'll probably pay a fine and be allowed to move on with her life with an important lesson about attitude control and crowding people with guns....

But no, the cop will say he feared this was an attempt to disarm and the video will be mark "states exhibit" far from being used to complain against the officer, it will only sustain whatever charges are brought

You saw a different video than I did. :lol:

DWCook

Activist Member
Considering we don't know the entire story behind this incident, it is not proper to make any calls on how it fully happened or should have happened. A lot of the times these videos that are leaked normally don't represent the entire situation and don't describe who the said victim is or who the suspect is. Basing an entire incident off a video that isn't clear is not a true call nor can it be considered anything. Unless we see a start to finish with an understanding of the entire incident words/visual then we can make an unbiased call on it. Also considering the site that is hosting the video is obviously against law enforcement in general. Unless this site shows a start to finish on the situation on why the call was placed and what started the entire situation I consider this video blowing steam against Law Enforcement. The site states they do not hate cops or law enforcement, yet a good portion of the videos do not display the entire situation nor describe detail of any level.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Considering we don't know the entire story behind this incident, it is not proper to make any calls on how it fully happened or should have happened. A lot of the times these videos that are leaked normally don't represent the entire situation and don't describe who the said victim is or who the suspect is. Basing an entire incident off a video that isn't clear is not a true call nor can it be considered anything. Unless we see a start to finish with an understanding of the entire incident words/visual then we can make an unbiased call on it. Also considering the site that is hosting the video is obviously against law enforcement in general. Unless this site shows a start to finish on the situation on why the call was placed and what started the entire situation I consider this video blowing steam against Law Enforcement. The site states they do not hate cops or law enforcement, yet a good portion of the videos do not display the entire situation nor describe detail of any level.
Reserving judgement untill all of the facts are known?

Well, I never would have thunk it........

Gunslinger

Thug cop pushes woman for no reason and then arrests her for nothing. Yeah, let's wait for all the facts to be in. Caught on tape, witnesses...uhhh, what other 'facts' are we waiting for again? Surprised the 2 SA didn't call for swat clown backup.

DWCook

Activist Member
I think we should make a separate thread where folks can post articles like these so we can keep a record on the forum. Also the sarcastic comments can honestly stop, were all adults here. A simple answer or comment towards another member does not need to consist with sarcastic rude responses.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think we should make a separate thread where folks can post articles like these so we can keep a record on the forum. Also the sarcastic comments can honestly stop, were all adults here. A simple answer or comment towards another member does not need to consist with sarcastic rude responses.
By and large the user/members here are responsible and stick to the facts, but there will always be a few that cannot miss the opportunity to make poorly chosen comments.

Maverick9

I'm not a fan of abusive LEOs, but IMO she did get too close and he had a right to push her back. He should have stopped there.

What is surprising, er, or maybe not so surprising is that these guys don't seem to care that they're being caught on tape.

MKEgal

Maverick9 said:
I'm not a fan of abusive LEOs, but IMO she did get too close and he had a right to push her back. He should have stopped there.
So when someone gets that close to me, I'm allowed to shove him away, tackle him, restrain him?
Or is this one of those special powers that only LEO get?