• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

out and about with a target on my back

Seif5034

Today I needed to go to Meridian to trade guns with a man I met on the web. He got a rifle + 20 rds and I got a Taurus 650 + 20rds in exchange. The weather was way too nice for me to pass up, so I decided to take my bike (sportbike). I tossed the rifle in a soft case and locked the zipper closed with a small combination lock and slung it on my back . I strapped on my S&W 9c and off I went to a part of town I don't normally frequent. The man I was trading seemed like a really nice guy. We talked guns and bikes a while and he even showed me his CC pistol. A Beretta .25acp! It made me happy to see a .25 pocket pistol as a daily carry gun since I had just cleaned one for my father-in-law. It's just neat to see older weapons still in service.

As I was gearing up to get back on the bike I noticed an unmarked police cruiser go by. I'm not sure if he took notice of me, but I'm sure I was quite a sight with a rifle case on my back, thigh rig on my right side and riding a sportbike. As I said, the officer just went on by as if he'd not taken notice at all. I then went back to the house to meet up with the wife to go to a friend's party.

My wife, 6-month- old son and I went over to a friend's house for her gender-reveal party where the ages spanned from babies and young children all the way to grandparents. I was the only one OCing and probably the only one armed. Nobody seemed to care aside from a glance I got from a young lady when we first arrived.

After the party we went to Newton, MS to get gas and groceries at Wally world. I prepaid with cash at the gas station so, I had to take off my thigh rig. The building was posted with the dreaded "no weapons" sign. Got our gas and went on to Walmart. I put my pistol back on once we arrived at the store. We picked up our groceries and went home. It seemed that people were more interested in making my son laugh than worried about my pistol. :)

All in all a good day with no negative encounters.

papa bear

sorry to sound like a nag, but why would you go to a place that you are not welcomed to shop there?
are all the gas stations where you live anti American?

Seif5034

sorry to sound like a nag, but why would you go to a place that you are not welcomed to shop there?
are all the gas stations where you live anti American?

I'm not sure if they all are or not. I know of at least one out in the sticks that isn't posted, but it isn't exactly the nicest place around. (they have bars on the windows and doors). Today I stopped at that particular gas station for no.other reason than my wife said to go there. I'm sure a lot of folks can relate to that one. I WILL say that I wasn't real thrilled about having to disarm myself. That's the first time I've ever done that while carrying.

Last edited: