• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Helmke thinks police are "not normal human beings" ?

Statesman

Paul Helmke thinks police are "not normal human beings" ?

Quote: "I think anyone who's carrying a Colt 45 on their hip constantly in public is not a normal human being."

Notice the use of the word "anyone". I'm sure he does not differentiate between Colt .45 and standard issue Glock .45s police carry.

http://opencarrymovement.blogspot.com/2010/04/daily-show-with-jon-stewart.html

Time: 2:08

What a loser you are, Paul.

Statesman

Why does Paul hate the police? He's such a hate monger. ;)

I think his version of a "normal human being" is an unarmed peasant, like the rest of the world has.

Dreamer

Why does Paul hate the police? He's such a hate monger. ;)

Paul Helmke is a cop basher...

He should be banned from OCDO... :monkey

So, I have a Para Ordnance and a Glock in .45acp. Where does that put me?

(no comments from you, "exilin77" about how "normal" I may or may not be...)

Old Grump

I like my Colt 45, of course I am not a normal person, I am extraordinarily handsome and a all round great guy except for my prickly personality.

I also like my Ruger, Dan Wesson, Smith and Wesson, Browning, H&R, well you get the idea.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I'm not normal either, though I rarely carry my Colt. Usually its my Springfield TRP .45, though sometime I go with the XD .45, and on trips through more densly populated areas I'll compliment them with an AR-15 or a 9mm Carbine.

nobama

What if we carry a Colt 45 aaand drive an SUV ? OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! paul, you sir are a bed wetter.

Sonora Rebel

I carry a Springfield 1911A1 in .45 acp and a Ruger Vaquero in .45LC. ('Not that Helmke would know the difference.)
I've never been 'normal'... I'm extraordinary. Normal is so... boring.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
I think Paul is right. Those of us who carry have made a conscious decision to take responsibility for our own defense. The normal thing for people today is rely on the police for their protection. YBNORML

XD40coyote

Yeah, it's not normal to wear a can of malt liquor on your hip all day. That's what Helmke was really refering to. He was probably craving a Colt 45 at that moment too, he's about 3 sheets removed from a street bum.

NRAMARINE

I carry a Taurus Judge loaded with Hornady colt 45's and federal buckshot, guess I'm not normal either.

Btw.....Hey Paul, there are more of us than you. What a numbnuts.