• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pending gun bans

Small_Arms_Collector

Why is no one talking about the gun bans the communists currently have pending in Michigan? I can find almost nothing on them and people seem silent. They are attempting to pass “universal background checks” (I.E. a ban on private sales), “safe storage laws” (a ban on keeping guns loaded and ready for self defense and requiring “safe storage” even when not necessary), and a red flag law (confiscation with no due process), and the “universal background checks” hve already passed the house!

Scary Guy

IMO there should be organized protests against this. Charter a bus to Lansing. Call and complain. Go to the public lunches and meet/greets that they have.

Some of these people have their minds made up and nothing will change that, but we can still try to talk some sense into those who might actually listen to reason.

But the media isn't saying anything about it because they want it to happen without incident. If it passes crime goes up since criminals will feel emboldened. That makes for a better news day in the future which is all they really care about. Even the local Fox affiliate is silent because it's a Democratic area and they know where their bread is buttered.