• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pepper spray and general non-firearm self defence

Ali3nat0r

Hi everyone, Ali from Britain here. You're probably aware that Britain has among the most draconian firearms laws of any democracy. But how many of you knew that less lethals are illegal too? In fact, carrying ANYTHING in public that could be used as a weapon is illegal. Most people I've spoken to agree with this, and it's been looking like getting even pepper spray legalised is going to be an uphill struggle.

I'm not exactly a big guy. As in 5'4", 120 lbs not-big. I'd gladly carry a canister of OC in my pocket ready for the inevitable scumbag you meet in Britain's urban areas. If it was legal. Ideally, it would be a Colt Officer's ACP or a Glock 33, but beggars can't be choosers... at the moment you would have to improvise a weapon using - for example - a set of keys or your mobile phone as a blunt force weapon. And then you might get done for using "excessive force".

Really not a nice place to live, I wouldn't recommend it...

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Hi everyone, Ali from Britain here. You're probably aware that Britain has among the most draconian firearms laws of any democracy. But how many of you knew that less lethals are illegal too? In fact, carrying ANYTHING in public that could be used as a weapon is illegal. Most people I've spoken to agree with this, and it's been looking like getting even pepper spray legalised is going to be an uphill struggle.

I'm not exactly a big guy. As in 5'4", 120 lbs not-big. I'd gladly carry a canister of OC in my pocket ready for the inevitable scumbag you meet in Britain's urban areas. If it was legal. Ideally, it would be a Colt Officer's ACP or a Glock 33, but beggars can't be choosers... at the moment you would have to improvise a weapon using - for example - a set of keys or your mobile phone as a blunt force weapon. And then you might get done for using "excessive force".

Really not a nice place to live, I wouldn't recommend it...

... And remind us all what these wonderful laws "for your own good" have done to the violent crime rate over there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firearms Iinstuctor

A very nice improvised weapon is a large padlock on a heavey nylon strap about a foot long. makes a heck of a impact weapon. Its very useful to lock things up also:lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
It is not only sad on a personal level what has happened in Britain, but it is also an affront to history. How does an entire nation in just a few generations forget begging for personal weapons from the US to defend the Islands from a possible Axis invasion because draconian firearm restrictions follow The Great War had decimated the UK's ability to defend herself.