• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personal OC photos on social media sites

wimwag

My facebook page is full of pictures of me OCing since I always am and any picture taken probably is from a front angle. It took 3 years for anyone to notice. I had taken my kid to shoot with me on some private property and let her carry my unloaded rifle back after I taught her how to carry it. I took a picture of her carrying it at the ready through tall grass, stopping to look at cows and standing on the back steps. She was cute in her little BDUs and I couldn't resist. The comment was "is that a real gun?!" Never answered the question, but....yes lol

wimwag

Google will alert you every time your name shows up new on a web page. There is a famous author and an international affairs expert who share my name. Google keeps me up to date on them, but has not alerted me to someone putting my name on a web page in a while.

Oh, and bunches of folks with my name have died. Should I be worried?

Show me how to do this!

Arin Morris

I don't think I have any "selfies" posted on my Facebook. Even my profile picture is a photo taken by somebody else. That being said, there are a few pictures of me with my gun on my belt floating around there.

MyWifeSaidYes

There's a guy on Facebook whose cover picture is him standing between two Columbus, OH police officers with a Ruger LCP taped to his face.

What an idiot!

:rolleyes:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
It is nearly impossible to not have your mug show up on the Interwebz these days..

This is Truth!! Several of us, here in Whatcom County, have had our mugs in various news releases for one reason or another. The Capitol gatherings last year, the Oak Harbor incident and others. Try googling your own name and see the fun.

MyWifeSaidYes

Nah. It's already been done by 1245A Defender in this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?118956-Ted-s-unfriendly-to-OC

002-4.jpg