• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pick N Pull, Not Friendly

decklin

Yesterday I went with two of my friends to Pick N Pull on 112th & Steele in Lakewood. I was OC as usual but neither of my friends were armed.

As we walk up to the door we see a sign saying $2.00 admission fee. It was not listed on their website and I've never been to a pull yard that charged admission.

We step inside the entrance and I see a sign next to this woman that says, "No firearms allowed on the premises." The girl immediately says to me in an extremely disrespectful tone, "You have to go put that in your car."

Me, "Are you serious?"

Her, "Yeah."

We walk back out to my truck and start searching for other yards but we weren't finding anything close by. I decide to do as they ask since my friend must be to work soon and cannot get there without this part. I locked my gun and spare mag in my truck safe, which is attached to the truck.

We went back inside and my friend payed $6 for the three of us, we signed the log then went into the yard.
After a few minutes we found the vehicle we were looking for and realized we would need more tools than the wrench we brought in. I went back out to my truck to retrieve my tools. On the way out the girl who originally dealt with us sees me walk out.

I grabbed my tools and headed back in. I walked past the register and girl and I'm about to step back into the yard when I hear her call me, "I need to search your bag."
Me, "What?"
Her, "I have to search you bag and you need to pay $2."
Me, "I already payed $2 and signed the log."
Her, "Then where is your hand stamp?"
Me, "Hand stamp? You didn't give any of us stamps."
Her, "Then you didn't pay and I have to search your bag."
Me, "My name is right there on that log. My friend payed for all three of us. Do you not remember talking to me a few minutes ago?"
Her, "Yeah, I made you put your pistol in the car." (super smug) "So you need to pay and I need to search your bag."
Me, "I'm not paying and your not searching my bag. If you have a problem with that send someone to find me. I'll be looking at the Saturns."

At this point I walk inside and find my friends. We get the part and head inside.
The woman is no where to be seen and a new one has taken her place.
New woman, "Hey, I need you to come here and point your name out on my log."
I walk over and point to my name, "Right there number 24. Go get your manager now."
She gets her manager and I proceed to explain why I am not spending any money there today or ever. Not only because of the no firearms signs but because of the attitude of his employees. He obviously did not care as he couldn't be bothered to stand up straight and quit leaning on the counter. He "apologized" then walked away.
I then went to step outside and wait for my friend to pay.
New woman, "I need to check your....."
I gave her a death stare and she stopped talking.

I stood outside while it took them several minutes to ring up the part and I watched every single person that had a bag or tool box. Six people went through and none were searched. I truly feel I was singled out because I had shown up armed.

So there you go. Never before have I dealt with a business that was so unprofessional and rude all while being anti at the same time. If the first woman had been polite it may not have been such a big deal. It is their right to set the rules on their property. I will never go there again or recommend them. From now on I'll go to the yards in Kent.

FattyKrack

Wow. Amazes me. I've probably been to the yard in Kent you're talking about.. But I haven't been to that picknpull in Lakewood. Boy, now I really want to! If I'm down that way I'll give them a try. Search my bag.. NOPE. :)

Batousaii

Discrimination.

Discrimination lawsuit? Take em to court, waste some of their time.

- Seems to me this exceeds the spirit of property rights, since you were obviously singled out,picked on and treated differently than others (with extreme prejudice) based on your life style. If she had simply kicked you out, or refused service, then they would be in the right. But they attempted to extort extra money from you (entrance fee), played stupid power trip games, and attempted to search you upon re-entering, but did not do any of those things to anyone else, clear discrimination here. This seems like a potential liability to me, and I'd pursue it.... a couple phone calls couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

J1MB0B

Ive been there several times. They have looked in my tool bag every single time. They have looked in evey tool bag that I have ever seen go thru. They look on the way out too. Not too long ago, dude found an ignition switch in my bag on the way in, that I didnt even know was in there. Had he not seen it, it could have cost me like ten bucks on the way out. I dont think you were singled out for carrying, thats pretty much the M.O. there.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Sounding more and more are playing victims here.
Is it not with in lawful right to set standards for entry as long as it does not violate our protected rights, which the right to keep and bare arms have not been included yet?
If you don't agree with their rules for crying out loud don't go there, pretty simple and stop all the whining for crying out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decklin

Sounding more and more are playing victims here.
Is it not with in lawful right to set standards for entry as long as it does not violate our protected rights, which the right to keep and bare arms have not been included yet?
If you don't agree with their rules for crying out loud don't go there, pretty simple and stop all the whining for crying out loud.

Whining? You didn't read the op did you? I already stated all that.

Batousaii

Ive been there several times. They have looked in my tool bag every single time. They have looked in evey tool bag that I have ever seen go thru. They look on the way out too. Not too long ago, dude found an ignition switch in my bag on the way in, that I didn't even know was in there. Had he not seen it, it could have cost me like ten bucks on the way out. I dont think you were singled out for carrying, thats pretty much the M.O. there.

- If they are doing it to everyone - then correct here. Are they also charging everyone for re-entry when they know that person paid a fee already. I suppose my reason to consider it discriminatory is that it sounded like much of the treatment he received was in direct response to his being a firearm owner/carrier. Of course i can only base off the O.P. description, i never been there myself.

TechnoWeenie

older lady that doesn't need any makeup to look like a witch?

Sounds like her.

I OC'ed in there......have for quite a while, never asked to not carry.

Carried there a couple of days ago.....

But yeah, that old woman acts like a bitch.

J1MB0B

If you dont get a stamp on the way out you might have to pay on the way in. I didnt get one once. On the way back in I was polite and respectful. Geuss what? I didnt pay the second time.
Not saying the op was disrespectful or impolite, just saying that places like that give you back the same attitude they get.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
If you dont get a stamp on the way out you might have to pay on the way in. I didnt get one once. On the way back in I was polite and respectful. Geuss what? I didnt pay the second time.
Not saying the op was disrespectful or impolite, just saying that places like that give you back the same attitude they get.

Likely it has to do with a display of a sense of entitlement !