• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piedmont area - OC reports

HPmatt

Any VA laws against wearing a carpenters belt (or pants) w a hammer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter348

OC'ed at Martin's today. Had a good conversation with the pharmacist about my choice of gun as well as holster (Glock 19 with a Safariland 6377 ALS). Told him about OCDO and he said he would check it out.

scooter348

OC'ed at Lowes and Martin's today. No problems. I did have a nice talk with the guy who was cutting me some new house keys at Lowes. Former LEO, we had a conversation about me putting Trijicon sights on my Glock 19 and then he showed me pictures of his 1911 a1. Good day in the 'Pep.

scooter348

Had to go out and get dog food and halloween candy and was gonna carry my Shield .40. But when I decided to go to Walmart, I figured I better have a little more bang for my buck, so I OC'ed my Glock 19. Didn't matter, no one noticed or cared.

scooter348

Will do. I do have a question though: Are they considered a friend if no one from the establishment you are in says anything to you? in other words, they obviously would be a foe if they banned guns, but are they a friend if they just don't see you OCing and therefore don't say anything?

solus

Will do. I do have a question though: Are they considered a friend if no one from the establishment you are in says anything to you? in other words, they obviously would be a foe if they banned guns, but are they a friend if they just don't see you OCing and therefore don't say anything?

if you do not wish an exchange or to answer the emporium's purveyor just carry on normally not seeking exchange or to answer and when finished ~ list them as 'friend' :cool:

sometimes life's questions are better left unasked or answered.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
if you do not wish an exchange or to answer the emporium's purveyor just carry on normally not seeking exchange or to answer and when finished ~ list them as 'friend' :cool:

sometimes life's questions are better left unasked or answered.

ipse
Or....sometimes life's questions are better asked or left unanswered.

Psych me! Out.

2a4all

Friendorfoe provides a neutral rating category. It would seem appropriate for the circumstance you describe.

Va_Nemo

I was up to Fredericksburg area this past weekend. Black Friday was F'berg area shopping. Seeing no F'berg thread I choose to put this here.

FTR, I OC regularly and go UC where necessary. I was dragged to the Joann's Fabrics in Massaponax and into Spotsylvania Mall.

Joann's has never had a prohibitory sign and no questions or comments from anyone at any of their stores. Spoke to manager on 3 occasions (none regarding carry) and no indication of any issue. Have to admit that if each person who was in there was surveyed less than 2% even noticed it was there. Side note-- if you go there and end up in a checkout line that looks like an hour long, you will be impressed. They had that super well organized. I was thoroughly impressed with the speed and efficiency of that. To the point I emailed corporate with kudos.

Spotsylvania Mall was similar. Light cover to check doors for signs. Seeing none shirt tucked behind and the light glinted off the stainless steel. No issue and walked through most of it. Inside for about 2 hours and no questions or responses from anyone.

Note, EDC is 5906 and in a pancake. Hard to miss if you look a bit.

Nemo

Last edited:

scooter348

I was up to Fredericksburg area this past weekend. Black Friday was F'berg area shopping. Seeing no F'berg thread I choose to put this here.

FTR, I OC regularly and go UC where necessary. I was dragged to the Joann's Fabrics in Massaponax and into Spotsylvania Mall.

Joann's has never had a prohibitory sign and no questions or comments from anyone at any of their stores. Spoke to manager on 3 occasions (none regarding carry) and no indication of any issue. Have to admit that if each person who was in there was surveyed less than 2% even noticed it was there. Side note-- if you go there and end up in a checkout line that looks like an hour long, you will be impressed. They had that super well organized. I was thoroughly impressed with the speed and efficiency of that. To the point I emailed corporate with kudos.

Spotsylvania Mall was similar. Light cover to check doors for signs. Seeing none shirt tucked behind and the light glinted off the stainless steel. No issue and walked through most of it. Inside for about 2 hours and no questions or responses from anyone.

Note, EDC is 5906 and in a pancake. Hard to miss if you look a bit. friendorfoe.com has Fashion Square as friend but not from me. Checked just before visiting here today.

Nemo

That is a sweet rig. I sometimes carry a 5906 in a Galco Combat Master holster, but because of the lack of retention, it's usually concealed. My EDC is typically a G19 Gen4 in a Safariland 7377 ALS holster.