• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Permit

David59

imported post

Yes I’m from Illinois so no governor jokes please! Why does the NH State Police web page say “Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire.” I thought the permit could be used in other states with reciprocity agreements.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

That statement has no legal weight but is very confusing to the untrained eye.

Whether a NH permit, resident or nonresident, will be recognized in another state is determined by the laws of the state in which you carry and not those of the state in which the permit was issued nor by any statements or opinions of the issuing agency.

The only three states that recognize NH resident permits but do not recognize NH nonresident permits are CO, FL, and MI.

ballester

imported post

yeah i got aNH non-resident carry permit for one reason only...so i could carry in GA..as they do not recognize my VA permit..plus it opens another state or two theat ill never visit but just incase..and it is so easy to get...on a small note...there out ofstate permit makes our resident permit look like crap...theres all plastic with pretty colours...and Va..well its a piece of paper that the ink runs when you laminate it...oh well:monkey

LRS76251

imported post

[align=left]Honestly, I think whoever put that on the website meant to say something elsebutpostedthe wrong verbage. I think what they meant to say was that if you are a nonresident of NH and want to carry in NH, then the only NONRESIDENT permit they will accept is the NH one. If you are a resident of a reciprocal state and have a resident permit from that state, then NH will honor that permit.NH nonresident permits are good in all the states that honor NH permits, except for the 3 states mentioned above (FL, CO, and MI). Thats my opinion for what its worth.[/align]