• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pittsburgh Mass Shooting and Open Carry?

Sig229

Recently there was a mass shooting by a 20 year old with two handguns in Pittsburgh.

Do any of you folks think that situation will make harassment by Pittsburgh Police more likely for us OC'ers?
I personally have no doubt more people will call in if they see a MWAG.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Personally I don't think it will make a difference. We had the big Virginia Tech shooting here in VA. I did not notice a difference in citizen's or police officer's reactions to my openly carried firearm afterwards. All but the most hardcore anti will realize that the Pitt shootin was the act of a single deranged individual. Besides that, at least one of the guns was stolen so we are not exactly talking about a law-abiding citizen here.

Last edited:

Sig229

Personally I don't think it will make a difference. We had the big Virginia Tech shooting here in VA. I did not notice a difference in citizen's or police officer's reactions to my openly carried firearm afterwards. All but the most hardcore anti will realize that the Pitt shootin was the act of a single deranged individual. Besides that, at least one of the guns was stolen so we are not exactly talking about a law-abiding citizen here.

Good points.

I have only had a couple of run ins with Pittsburgh LEO's and I must say they were extremely negative. The Pittsburgh PD IMHO just seem to have the most extreme power trip's going on.

I hope this doesn't effect us OC'ers in a negative manner.

badey

Recently there was a mass shooting by a 20 year old with two handguns in Pittsburgh.

Do any of you folks think that situation will make harassment by Pittsburgh Police more likely for us OC'ers?
I personally have no doubt more people will call in if they see a MWAG.

I wondered that, so I CCed at a hospital downtown, since I wasn't going to be unarmed, and I had to be at the hospital for a family member's surgery.