• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pittsburgh wants to ban guns

Mr Birdman

According to the 18 december 18 cited article...

1. ...has applied for a permit to hold the rally outside the City-County Building
2. ...urged participants to “open carry your rifles on your shoulders and pistols on your waist.”

Uh pennlineman, where did you get the impression there will be a “state of emergency” the 7th of Jan 19?
Some one please take good video and post it here so all can see. You know the news media will not

Mr Birdman

Open carry rally scheduled 7 Jam 2019.
The rally will be January 7th at noon infront of the mayor's office.
Parking will be the first Ave Parking Garage Address is 600 1st Ave Pittsburgh PA 15219.
The address to where the protest is at its 414 Grant Street Pittsburgh PA 15219.
We plan on meeting everyone at the first Ave parking garage by 11:30 am and walking from there to rally point.
Here is the finale speaker list.
Kelly Ann Pidgeon of armed and feminine.
Aaron Bernstine 10th district state rep.
Kaitlyn Bennett the Kent state open carry lady.
Justin Dillon founder of open carry Pennsylvania.
Sam Piccinini current police officer and former S.W.A.T officer in beaver county.
Wayne Kress former psp of 21 years and now running as sheriff of beaver county
Cory Kepner. one of the Erie 8.
This list is subject to change and or be added to.
FYI must have LTCF to open and concealed carry due to the fact that there's a state of emergency in effect.

All are welcome and please spread the word!

https://triblive.com/local/alleghen...inst-proposed-pittsburgh-firearms-regulations
some one please record this event and post it since the media will not

solus

Seems you might be out of touch on media reporting...

Mercurynews:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/10...by-pittsburg-police-will-hold-rally-saturday/

Now suppose you planned a party and those you wished to entertain didn’t show...humm, quote

Pittsburgh City Council has scheduled its hearing on new firearms legislation for later this month, but a gun rights rally is still scheduled for Monday. Unquote
Wtae, https://www.wtae.com/article/organizer-says-gun-rally-will-still-happen-monday-in-pittsburgh-after-new-firearms-legislation-hearing-scheduled-for-jan-24/25749446 Organizer: Gun rally will still happen Monday in Pittsburgh after new firearms legislation hearing scheduled for Jan. 24

See the kind newsspeek & social media is interested in the antics of both sides so they are going to be there and report as will the law firm who as represented mr dillion in the pastand oh ya has their on self promoting blog.

That stated...a word of caution...you might not appreciate their reporting perspective...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Have watched it live. I saw BB62 there. But, in watching the speakers there was a doofus wearing an union jack mask with dark glasses. A wuss who could not stand-up and be recognized in defending his rights, pitiful. Strong language, yes, and I stand by it. I have been to many rallies and walks and never once did the thought of covering my face ever cross my mind.

solus

Personally liked the big lad to the left while dillion was speaking his intro who yawned to the point you could count his teeth...

solus

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Some guy on the left, and the organizer, Justin Dillon

2505zye.jpg

At the parking garage rally point

20qn7o2.jpg

One of a few black participants. As many have, he told me he gets a lot of grief from 'his own' about his gun ownership & activism

24etda8.jpg

An Ohioan (on the right) who had driven across the state to attend, together with anti-gun signage I believe is illegal, as the entire building is a claimed "court facility"

28uogw8.jpg

Crowd

1s1fy8.jpg

"Yinz" = Pittsburgh version of "Y'all"

14sjlo5.jpg

An anti-gunner with cameras to catch non-existent trouble. (RKBA people were on both sides of the street, however)

2la3sdx.jpg

My FB post on the event:

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Here is the preemption law that Pittsburgh is considering violating:

https://law.justia.com/codes/pennsylvania/2010/title-18/chapter-61/6120/

I don't know whether or not PA has ever had a state Supreme Court ruling on its constitutionality.

I did see mention of some 1995 consent agreement that Pittsburgh would be in violation of should they do such a thing, however.
It looks like the PA Supreme Court HAS ruled on the constitutionality of PA's preemption statute - in 1996, ruling against Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, in Ortiz v Commonwealth:

https://law.justia.com/cases/pennsylvania/supreme-court/1996/545-pa-279-1.html

However, the problem still remains that there are no repercussions, financial or civil, for political subdivisions that pass or enforce such laws.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Pittsburgh City Clowncil passes gun "safety" legislation

https://www.wtae.com/article/city-council-to-vote-on-new-gun-safety-legislation-tuesday/27011991

"Mayor Bill Peduto and the Pittsburgh City Council members who sponsored the newly proposed gun legislation know that it will be legally challenged.

But that hasn't stopped them from moving forward and Tuesday, City Council held a final vote on the three bills that will make a number of legal changes to gun possession in the city of Pittsburgh.

City Council passed the bills Tuesday morning to ban assault-style rifles. The vote was 6-3. ..."