• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged Robber

buster81

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-deliverydrivershootsrobber-092010,0,7259881.story

"HANOVER COUNTY - Investigators in Hanover County say it appears that a robber targeted the wrong pizza delivery driver. Just before 11:00pm Sunday night, police say a man in a mask pulled what appeared to be a shotgun on a pizza delivery man who had just finished delivering people in a neighborhood on Possum Trail. That's when police say the pizza man pulled his own gun."

Contrarian

pizza delivery and shooting

The majority of the comments support the carrying of a weapon while delivering pizza - I just hope that Poppa John's has a similar attitude.

Has anyone ever heard about the corporate view on this?

GWbiker

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-deliverydrivershootsrobber-092010,0,7259881.story

"HANOVER COUNTY - Investigators in Hanover County say it appears that a robber targeted the wrong pizza delivery driver. Just before 11:00pm Sunday night, police say a man in a mask pulled what appeared to be a shotgun on a pizza delivery man who had just finished delivering people in a neighborhood on Possum Trail. That's when police say the pizza man pulled his own gun."

Guess Pizza delivery guy will soon be looking for another job.

Jack House

The majority of the comments support the carrying of a weapon while delivering pizza - I just hope that Poppa John's has a similar attitude.

Has anyone ever heard about the corporate view on this?
I wonder if he'd have grounds for a suit? It seems somehow wrong that a company could fire you for defending yourself from serious injury or even death!

Sunday night, police say a man in a mask pulled what appeared to be a shotgun on a pizza delivery man who had just finished delivering people in a neighborhood on Possum Trail.
He was delivering people? What kind of pizza joint is this!? :shocker:

Last edited:

Bowers

I remember a story when a Pizza Hut driver was fired for the same thing. I called corporate to complain, didn't get very far though. I would have stopped buying pizza hut if it wasn't so darn good.

Jack House

I remember a story when a Pizza Hut driver was fired for the same thing. I called corporate to complain, didn't get very far though. I would have stopped buying pizza hut if it wasn't so darn good.
Buy Little Caesar's instead. It's cheap, about $5-$6 for a large, and very good.