• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police cannot just come into your home and copy your Serial No.

hekel

imported post

Yes it did turn out alright in the end, I think that was in part due to the correspondence the local PD received from members of this forum and the pafoa.

Citizen wrote:
It seems to me that one way to remove any doubt about a detention is to refuse consent to the encounter itself. I'm not sufficiently familiar with PA case law to be able to say for sure. Maybe somebody else can chime in with something solid.
I do beleive you are correct, but yes, perhaps someone else here might know better than us.