• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police seek charges against gun carrier with permit pending

protias

:: sniffle ::
You guys...
Thanks.
When I'm getting classes scheduled, I'll call one or both of you to be my hands.
Would be good to have a second person to make the "show me how to safely unload" section go faster.

I'll even bring my own firearms if need be. It is nice to own semi autos and revolvers so if someone prefers one over the other, they can try it out. :)

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
My one comment on getting the NRA involved debate: Notice how everyone says "where's the NRA?" when a gun issue comes up. If you are not a NRA member, you have no say in what the NRA should do.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

If you are not a NRA member, you have no say in what the NRA should do.
Only particular NRA members have any say in what the NRA should do, same as the ACLU. Gun control is about control.

Cobra469

My one comment on getting the NRA involved debate: Notice how everyone says "where's the NRA?" when a gun issue comes up. If you are not a NRA member, you have no say in what the NRA should do.

I am a life member of the NRA. But regardless of membership status the NRA had heavy involvement in ACT35. ACT 35 also includes modifications in regards to openly carrying inside a vehicle. My belief is that the NRA would want the legislative intent of these changes to be made clear so that ACT 35 cannot be blatantly ignored. However I don't know of any cases where the NRA contributed to an individuals defense other than their self defense fund for its members. But as this doesn't involve a case of self defense I am sure that fund doesn't apply. Hopefully at minimal the NRA can pressure legislature to clearly state their intent on this subject and hopefully there can be clarification.

safcrkr

That's not how the law works - anywhere.

The courts have told the enforcers that RAS is not required for a concealed weapon. There are two cases in Wisconsin; a legally concealed weapon requires that the licensed actor has surrendered his 4th and 5th Amendment rights as a condition of licensing, and, in the case of an illegally concealed weapon, that is the crime, ongoing, completed or intended, suspicion of which is reasonable and articulable.

Just lurking here, but this (the bolded part) caught my eye... as licensed concealed carry has only been legal in WI for 23 days (going back 140 years or so), where did this case come from?

MilProGuy

This is true.

Also, on another note...those who don't bother to vote should not have anything to say about what politicians do or do not do.

DocWalker

Just lurking here, but this (the bolded part) caught my eye... as licensed concealed carry has only been legal in WI for 23 days (going back 140 years or so), where did this case come from?

Watch out safcrkr, Herr Heckler doesn't like people that have different options, he might call you argumentative or something.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Watch out safcrkr, Herr Heckler doesn't like people that have different options, he might call you argumentative or something.
From the dictionary; For a change, in this case, he was telling the truth. It is not the case that every unfamiliar phrase is an idiom. In case of fire, break glass.

Or worse than argumentative.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

From the dictionary; For a change, in this case, he was telling the truth. It is not the case that every unfamiliar phrase is an idiom. In case of fire, break glass.

Or worse than argumentative.

In this "case" what Mr. Safckr is asking for is a cite supporting your statement that "There are two cases in Wisconsin; a legally concealed weapon requires that the licensed actor has surrendered his 4th and 5th Amendment rights as a condition of licensing"

I like to see it too and not just because it is a rule, encouraged here.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I can not understand why they would not support our rights no matter if we CC or OC?

It's easy man, they don't make money off of Open Carry. They make tons off of concealed carry. For most concealed carry courses, necessary in a lot of states to get your CCW license/permit, who certifies the instructor to teach that course? The N R A. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

wild boar

So, your wearing a heavy winter coat...

That's not how the law works - anywhere.

The courts have told the enforcers that RAS is not required for a concealed weapon. There are two cases in Wisconsin; a legally concealed weapon requires that the licensed actor has surrendered his 4th and 5th Amendment rights as a condition of licensing, and, in the case of an illegally concealed weapon, that is the crime, ongoing, completed or intended, suspicion of which is reasonable and articulable.

..., and an extra pair of gloves make you appear to be caring heavy on one side, LEOs can stop you? It's going to take a hell of a lot more than that to detain a person. The LEO writes up three reports like that, and sh(t will fly. And if you'll argue he's not writing them up, then the contact wasn't legal, and there are civil rights issues if your the right race, and this conduct continues on record. boar out.

Last edited:
M

McX

..., and an extra pair of gloves make you appear to be caring heavy on one side, LEOs can stop you?

i think that's how they got O.J.

wild boar

He played the right card, and got off, didn't he?...

..., and an extra pair of gloves make you appear to be caring heavy on one side, LEOs can stop you?

i think that's how they got O.J.

...The second time was a charm though, wasn't it? He should have stuck with jumping over bags in the airport. boar out

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Word to the wise!

Something to consider ladies and gentleman - please take this very seriously.

Please do NOT speculate in your posts on how circumstances might or might not apply to MKEgal. There is really no excusable reason to assist those who are out to make an example of her. Bear in mind that OCDO is widely read by LEA, prosecutors/DAs as well as the media.

If you feel you have something pertinent to contribute to her case contact her attorney or speak directly to her. Do NOT post it here, do not send her a PM or email (other than requesting a meet-up) - all of these are obtainable by those [strike]persecuting[/strike] prosecuting her.

Let her attorney do her job w/o aiding the other side in their vendetta. Saying less is frequently far better than saying more.

Referencing Krysta Sutterfield, the law firm is::

Mastantuono Law Office
817 N Marshall St.
Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com

MKEgal

First off, thank you to everyone who has donated toward paying my lawyer.
I'm still several thousand dollars from what's needed, but about half of her fee is paid.
We keep hoping that NRA or another civil rights group will step in to help.

Secondly, I've heard from several people that reporters are PMing or emailing or in some cases even calling to ask for opinions about this case.

I cannot control what any of you do,
but if you choose to respond to reporters I would appreciate it very much if you stuck to the obvious things like "innocent until proven guilty".

Or just point them to my lawyer: Mastantuono Law 414-276-8662

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nothing will be gained by discussing an active case with the media - they have the same information that we have from this site. I will NOT speculate, I will NOT give an opinion.

I will refer all specific questions about this case to your attorney and ONLY your attorney.

MKEgal fund

oak1971

Just call me Schultz....

Schultz.jpg

Attachments

• 3c913901-48a1-4ee6-8664-021d697bd35b.jpg
    3c913901-48a1-4ee6-8664-021d697bd35b.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: