• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possible Ally In Jackson, MS

Cornelius

Greetings all my name is Cornelius Griggs and I am a Jackson native. I am also a daily CCer, the current state of things in Washington and in some of our state/local leaders has lead me to believe that it is time for us to take back our cities and freedoms. In saying this I have decided to run for the office of Mayor in Jackson this election year. While I realize that this is not exactly a gun issue I can honestly say that if I am successful in winning then the city of Jackson will lead the way in recognizing the state's constitution on open carry. That being said our officers will no longer detain individuals such as myself that are legally carrying a firearm in open view to ask for firearms permit or any other harassing action/manner. There are other areas of my platform that I could go into detail with but since they do not correlate directly with this sites purpose I will not go into them unless requested. If you know anyone in Jackson or otherwise that would like to speak with me then I can be reached at griggs4mayor@yahoo.com. As it stands now I am collecting signatures to get on the ballot I have to have at least 50 registered voters sign since I am running as an independent. Thanks and I hope that we can start to get more elected city officials all over the state that are looking out for our 2A right.

Cornelius

Thanks FedFirefighter, and I will do that. I was beginning to think that I had wasted server space due to lack of any response. In my mind I see it as a big step for 2A supporters to have a mayor in the capital city that is with us....... :)

Last edited:

georg jetson

Cornelius,

I work for an energy company that moved it's headquarters to Jackson Ms. around 2006. I'll pass this on to as many of my fellow employees as I can.

Good luck!!

Cornelius

Thank you all for your support, I will be making a public announcement tomorrow, (2/6/13) on 103.9, (WYAB) FM during the 5pm segement of the Kim Wade show. I hope that will help gain me some supporters and well as contributions so that I can start to get some ads/meet and greets together.