• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Previous mental illness and handguns

solus

My location is as shown to the left. No change.
What restrictions does your community have?

BC since you chose to post your commentary within in my quote:
your quote
No broad-brushing here. The public buildings you are not allowed to carry in are those deemed so by the local government entity, such as police stations, libraries, and hospitals. I also know that not all municipalities regulate the same; you need to check your locale. unquote

police stations ~ state 14-415.11c(5) covers CC, however OC is authorized in law enforcement facilities. now is it a good idea ~ not in my humble opinion not the best decision an adult might make.

Libraries ~ my review of state 14-15.11 does not show any carry restrictions nor does 153.26X of the states statutes. oh wait you mean if the PUBLIC library posts IAW state 14-415.11c(8) gun busters signs?

hospitals ~ well UNC's medical facilities hide under the auspices of "educational" property state 14-269.2. additionally, remember state 14-415c(8), hospital's are private property entities and can post gun busters signs.

could you provide examples to substantiate 'by local government entity' this way folk can begin to get those changed ~ tho not GRNC they don't care!!

PS start a new thread as BC, i look forward to seeing your response so an effort might be organized

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

OC is a true right in NC, it has been infringed. But those infringements are mostly not based on a permission slip. Where it is illegal to OC usually is only CC allowed with a permission slip. Local government can only limit those locations within the scope of Kerner. But the basic right of OC, going from point A to point B is protected by the constitution, and cannot be legislated away. That is a right. Unlike Ohio where to OC in a vehicle one must have a permission slip, or Texas one must have a slip to OC in public, those are privileges.

NONE of this has to do with the OP unless she decides to OC, if she even comes back. My friends this bickering is becoming silly.

countryclubjoe

elegantly and concisely stated

hearty, well done mate!

Kind Sir, thank you for the kudos however I would be remiss and janus-faced if I failed to credit that renowned Grammar Nazi from Georgia whose name need no introductions here. Under his tutelage and watchful grammar nazi eyes, I have evolved from an average possessor of literacy skills (6 grade level) his words, into one that has now " mastered the art of sav-oir faire". Need I say, Romeo had Juliet, Othello had Desdemona, Mac Beth had Banquo and King Lear had Cordelia.. I, Sir, have the GN from Georgia, no introduction needed. In return his only wish is to learn how to play chess.

" Great minds have purposes, others have wishes"-- Washington Irvin

' Eloquence is the Poetry of prose' William Cullen Bryant.

My .02
Regards
CCJ :lol::lol::banana::banana:

MamaLiberty

I didn't respond because I didn't know anyone had replied. I thought I would get email notifications if anyone replied and I didn't so I just now looked to see if anything was there.

Welcome, Kelley! Please just ignore the gripers. If you look at your profile settings, you can select to be notified by email of all replies to your posts.

As a retired health care professional, with many years of education and experience dealing with mental health issues, I am very sure you present no threat to others in any way. Unfortunately, the legal tangle of our non-voluntary governments at every level manage to ignore or twist situations like yours a lot of the time. I'm not in any way familiar with the laws or government BS where you are, but have the same caution as others here. Do NOT trust the cops to advise you on this, first. They have no incentive at all to be honest or helpful. Second, you do want to find competent and reliable advisers on something this important. Whether or not that involves an attorney will depend on how much you trust lawyers in general, and if you can find one you can trust as an individual. There are still some alive, but I think they are becoming an endangered species. So, do you belong to a local gun club? That might be a good place to start looking for an attorney, or simply some wise old member who has been through the grind in some way.

In any case, good luck and bless you and your family. Bless you for wanting to protect them the best you can.