• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro I-591 Spokane Edition. Is there anyone out there?

fetch

Good Day from the Far East Side,
I know people are busy, but we need to do something here in Spokane to show support for I-591. I have not seen any billboards, yard signs or bumper stickers on ether 591 or 594.
So, I know it is short notice, but we need to have an OC meeting to see who we can round up for a pro I-591 rally. Also, need to find out who has access to yard signs, OC pamphlets, etc., then make plans for a local rally / park picnic. Maybe get an evening news 5 sec clip. We need to find out if the local gun shops have anything going. I know that Robin Ball, of Sharp Shooting gun shop, is opposed to 594, but she is not real hot for 591. I think we could make a big push here in the next month.
Anyone else got any ideas?

I will throw out a day and time for a OC meet up, Sept. 13 at 9:30-10:00 am at the Donut Parade.
Also, the local gun show is the 27th-28th.

Jeff Hayes

Good Day from the Far East Side,
I know people are busy, but we need to do something here in Spokane to show support for I-591. I have not seen any billboards, yard signs or bumper stickers on ether 591 or 594.
So, I know it is short notice, but we need to have an OC meeting to see who we can round up for a pro I-591 rally. Also, need to find out who has access to yard signs, OC pamphlets, etc., then make plans for a local rally / park picnic. Maybe get an evening news 5 sec clip. We need to find out if the local gun shops have anything going. I know that Robin Ball, of Sharp Shooting gun shop, is opposed to 594, but she is not real hot for 591. I think we could make a big push here in the next month.
Anyone else got any ideas?

I will throw out a day and time for a OC meet up, Sept. 13 at 9:30-10:00 am at the Donut Parade.
Also, the local gun show is the 27th-28th.

I have been thinking the same thing. I am not real hot on I-591 either but at this time I am going to vote for it. The gun show is preaching to the choir amd a waste of time we need to get the ,essage out to other people. I would put a sign at my house on a main hwy if I could find one. I can be at DP about 930 Sat, see you there.

FrayedString

Personally I wouldn't try to set the argument up as Pro-591 and Anti-594, and instead just focus on being Anti-594. I-591 is bad law too, just not nearly so bad as I-594.

[Quote="10th Ammendment, US Constitution]The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.[/quote]

Why do we want acquiesce our states' rights to the federal government? If I-591 passes, and the federal government tries to pass a federal law that is as, or more, restrictive than I-594 is now; on what grounds would we be able to "protest" against it; since I-591 contains language indicating that WA would comply with any national standard?

fetch

Personally I wouldn't try to set the argument up as Pro-591 and Anti-594, and instead just focus on being Anti-594. I-591 is bad law too, just not nearly so bad as I-594.

Why do we want acquiesce our states' rights to the federal government? If I-591 passes, and the federal government tries to pass a federal law that is as, or more, restrictive than I-594 is now; on what grounds would we be able to "protest" against it; since I-591 contains language indicating that WA would comply with any national standard?

Frayed,
I do agree that 591 sets us up for whatever the "National Standard" the government ends up having. The point of my post is to try and bring people in Spokane to a meeting (we have not met up in months) to discuss it and get more coordinated. I will personally vote no on both 591 (for that reason) and 594.