• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protest the protests

WalkingWolf

I have decided to wear a red shirt in protest to the riots/protests against the election results. I will wear red until the madness stops, I will no longer sit back silently while this BS takes place. Since I do not intend to riot or get involved in screaming matches with these snowflakes I will do it with my clothing while OCing.

I ask others to join me, if we get enough maybe we can get Drudge involved and take it nationwide.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Odd, I know of no protests relating to the loss in the election of Johnson.

Unless your apparel says "Trump something" I doubt people will know you are protesting though.

You are free to protest the protests as you see fit. Have fun !

WalkingWolf

Odd, I know of no protests relating to the loss in the election of Johnson.

Unless your apparel says "Trump something" I doubt people will know you are protesting though.

You are free to protest the protests as you see fit. Have fun !

And I will, Johnson lost BTW. If enough people jump on, excluding you of course, and there is media attention I believe the message will get across.

countryclubjoe

Do grown men wear Red Shirts.. 'Sacrebleu"..

WW, don't get that red shirt dirty while mowing your lawn..

utbagpiper

Banned
Protests or Riots?

Protests are as American as apple pie. I have no problem with peaceful protests. In the case of election results they seem rather pointless unless someone can provide credible evidence of the illegal vote fraud benefiting Trump.

Riots, on the other hand, are a different matter.

Assaulting innocent people, damaging or destroying property, or shutting down public roads and mass transit are serious crimes and should be prosecuted as such.

Crossing State lines to riot, or paying folks to cross State lines might also be crimes that should be investigated, prosecuted, and punished.

Fortunately, it seems most anti-Trump riots have occurred in safe-riot zones (aka unarmed victim zone, aka "gun free zones") including the urban areas of liberal States.

Charles

solus

Protests are as American as apple pie. I have no problem with peaceful protests. snipp...

Charles

prosecuted, nawlll nobody prosecuted the police when they dropped explosives on Philly citizen's homes in 1985.

ap8505150394_custom-d65a98669d80d567030f208f824b3e04f5c1c7a4-s800-c85.jpg

quite a comprehensive discussion of civil unrest here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

who investigates and pursues those in charge who perpetrate these issues.

long summer of 68, especially comes to mind.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
prosecuted, nawlll nobody prosecuted the police when they dropped explosives on Philly citizen's homes in 1985.

ap8505150394_custom-d65a98669d80d567030f208f824b3e04f5c1c7a4-s800-c85.jpg

quite a comprehensive discussion of civil unrest here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

who investigates and pursues those in charge who perpetrate these issues.

long summer of 68, especially comes to mind.

ipse
Baloon wall construction virtually guarantees total devastation of the property improvements. Take note of the complete lack of personal property shown - no furniture, no clothing., etc.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
What is the definition of "peaceably assemble"?

And I can tell you that the courts will never entertain a lawsuit for the redress of grievances. The courts will determine that the issues raised in court for redress of grievances is/are political in nature and is/are better taken up with congress. Of course congress will ignore your grievances. The result is Donald Trump......