• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protesters at NRA HQ - June 20-21

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL has elected to let the NRA handle any response themselves and thereby minimize the size of what should be a non-event. Such protests generally/normally draw very few antis - their numbers continue to dwindle. They are but a gnat in the ointment - and a dead gnat at that.

solus

swinokur

Activist Member
don't blame the messenger. The demonstration isn't about religion, it's about the anti gun stance of the participants. I take it you won't be attending?

i guess only one group has 1A rights.

sure

ETA-the participants for our side are showing up as mourners, not being confrontational.

or is that insulting too?

Last edited:

solus

don't blame the messenger. The demonstration isn't about religion, it's about the anti gun stance of the participants. I take it you won't be attending?

i guess only one group has 1A rights.

sure

sorry you seem to be that insensitive and obtuse on what you misquoted from your cites and posted

Swin's quote: A Ramadan meal and "special ceremony" between 8pm and 9am. unquote

quote: ...Iftar Ramadan meal at sundown... unquote FYI today's sunset for Fairfax VA is 2237L

quote: a special ceremony from 2:02am-5:00am, ... unquote

rule of thumb...if you can see the eye of a needle it is daylight and the fast & prayer begins and when you can't see the eye the sun has finally set and you may humbly eat.

as an aside, please volunteer to cease consuming food, drinking liquids, smoking, and engaging in sexual relations, between dawn and darkness (past astro twilight) for 30 days for your religion.

ipse

added: not about religion, ya obtuse: quoting your cites: Muslim friends facing increased Islamophobia & We will be joined by representatives of Muslim groups, Iftar Ramadan meal at sundown unquote

1st works only if you do not misconstrue the original message to suit your emotionalized purposes.

Last edited:

Mr Birdman

dinner

sorry you seem to be that insensitive and obtuse on what you misquoted from your cites and posted

Swin's quote: A Ramadan meal and "special ceremony" between 8pm and 9am. unquote

quote: ...Iftar Ramadan meal at sundown... unquote FYI today's sunset for Fairfax VA is 2237L

quote: a special ceremony from 2:02am-5:00am, ... unquote

rule of thumb...if you can see the eye of a needle it is daylight and the fast & prayer begins and when you can't see the eye the sun has finally set and you may humbly eat.

as an aside, please volunteer to cease consuming food, drinking liquids, smoking, and engaging in sexual relations, between dawn and darkness (past astro twilight) for 30 days for your religion.

ipse

added: not about religion, ya obtuse: quoting your cites: Muslim friends facing increased Islamophobia & We will be joined by representatives of Muslim groups, Iftar Ramadan meal at sundown unquote

1st works only if you do not misconstrue the original message to suit your emotionalized purposes.

I sure hope there will be a hog roast.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Played to the tune Honeycomb....."..hank of hair and a piece of bone.."

I won't call ya old with that reference .... but ya ain't young ! ;)

At least your brain cells seem to still be working, that's a good thing.

Also, is the protest that the OP speaks of a counter-protest? Of these:
http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2016...adquarters-call-stricter-gun-control/slide/1/

Or one to protest pro-anti legislation being considered by the NRA ?

I recently rescinded membership of me being in a pro-gun organization due to their support of anti-legislation. A local group.

Last edited:

swinokur

Activist Member
sorry no. i was sent the info from someone who saw it on FB. that's all I know except some people on a MD forum are planning a vigil as mourners. I am hearing the Pink Pistols might join as well.

freedom runs both ways.