• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on CHP

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
James, i am not trying to act smart or increase my post count, I am simply espousing that our precious 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves and our families is slowly become a " government issued privilege" via issuing permits, requiring licensing, waiting periods, etc.. James, possibly you cannot see the right slowly slipping away because you are looking thru the prism of a statist. As I articulated in the past, you support State liberty, I, on the other hand, support "individual liberty".. Instead of criticizing my minor digression, may be you should ponder my text and decide if you are a sheep or a Patriot.. Only you can be the judge of said status..

James, I respect your post and your comments and your opinions, I only ask that you return the same respect to me.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

I might respect your "opinions" (pontifications and assumptions) more if you were at all accurate in categorizing negatively those with whom you disagree or those who don't realize the 'absolute truth of the pearls of wisdom' you drop here, there and everywhere no matter the topic of the thread. Anyone who violates your "Creed" is subject to ridicule (e.g., referring to long-term posters as 'Word Salad' or the 'Master Provocateur' or, in my case, classifying me as a 'Statist' even you know virtually nothing about me).

countryclubjoe

I might respect your "opinions" (pontifications and assumptions) more if you were at all accurate in categorizing negatively those with whom you disagree or those who don't realize the 'absolute truth of the pearls of wisdom' you drop here, there and everywhere no matter the topic of the thread. Anyone who violates your "Creed" is subject to ridicule (e.g., referring to long-term posters as 'Word Salad' or the 'Master Provocateur' or, in my case, classifying me as a 'Statist' even you know virtually nothing about me).

The master provocateur and yes you James, casted the first stone in my direction.. I reached out to the master during the Xmas Holiday to offer a truce and start fresh, for the betterment of this board, however, I received no reply. I have also compliment the master numerous times on his well read mentality.. While I don't possess thin skin, I will not stand by and let folks constantly take shots..

I invite all civil discourse, and salute those that should be saluted, whether, I agree with their positions or disagree..

James, in my humble opinion, all government agents are in fact " Statist".. Be advised, it is just my opinion.. I can only wish that we continue to opine on different issues of importance.. I never have, nor do I now, express any disrespect.. Hopefully we can learn from each other.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

swinokur

Activist Member
it was Jim. I try to ignore the soap box aficionados when it isn't germane to the thread discussion and thank you for your answer.

I unfortunately do live in MD as Solus pointed out.

A minor point for sure.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
it was Jim. I try to ignore the soap box aficionados when it isn't germane to the thread discussion and thank you for your answer.

I unfortunately do live in MD as Solus pointed out.

A minor point for sure.

I escaped from The People's Republic of MD about 4 years ago, finding one of Freedom's safest places in Virginia. Still, I have to travel back into TPRoMD three times a week to work at the range, so I know how onerous the laws are there. Montgomery County is one of the three political subdivisions, along with Baltimore City and PG County, that keep the democrats in power throughout the state. Sad...