• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question reference Englewood, Golden, Boulder, and suburbs of Denver

Count

Founder's Club Member
I am heading to Colorado tomorrow morning. I will be staying in Englewood at the Inverness Hotel. Anyone had any experience open carrying around Englewood, and other suburbs of Denver? I open carried all around Durango and Pagosa Springs before, but not the Denver area. Also, same question for Boulder and Estes Park.

solus

as has been discussed extensively on this forum, Denver county (which encompasses denver) is a NO OC entity in and of itself within the State of Colorado.

Bottom line CC yes w/your valid privilege card, OC NO in denver/county!!

Englewood is located in Arapahoe County but remember the county/city borders are really squirrelly and can change within a block throwing visitor you in judicial jeopardy.

enjoy the milehigh city and pm if you want some insight to truly local eating establishments..

safe sojourn.

ipse

Count

Founder's Club Member
as has been discussed extensively on this forum, Denver county (which encompasses denver) is a NO OC entity in and of itself within the State of Colorado.

Englewood is located in Arapahoe County but remember the county/city borders are really squirrelly and can change within a block throwing visitor you in judicial jeopardy.

enjoy the milehigh city and pm if you want some insight to truly local eating establishments..

safe sojourn.

ipse

Thank you! I just wanted to see if any of the locals regularly carry without being harassed by cops... I understand the law. I do have a permit, I just like to open carry...

Count

Founder's Club Member

safe sojourn.

ipse

So, I came back from my one week in Colorado. I only open carried the whole time. All around suburbs south of Denver: Englewood, Centennial, Castle Rock, GreenWood village.... Hotel, eating, shopping, etc... Not a problem at all. Castlewood Cannyon state park, Roxborough State Park same thing... 4 days in Estes Park same thing... Rocky Mountain National Park, Arapaho and Roosevelt National forests (including some target practice here)... Overall not a comment on my open carry in Colorado. Great experience. On my way back Kansas and Oklahoma were completely uneventful.... In Texas I haven't concealed yet this year and not a problem here.... It's nice to know open carry is becoming normal....

solus

So, I came back from my one week in Colorado. I only open carried the whole time. All around suburbs south of Denver: Englewood, Centennial, Castle Rock, GreenWood village.... Hotel, eating, shopping, etc... Not a problem at all. Castlewood Cannyon state park, Roxborough State Park same thing... 4 days in Estes Park same thing... Rocky Mountain National Park, Arapaho and Roosevelt National forests (including some target practice here)... Overall not a comment on my open carry in Colorado. Great experience. On my way back Kansas and Oklahoma were completely uneventful.... In Texas I haven't concealed yet this year and not a problem here.... It's nice to know open carry is becoming normal....

glad your sojourn was uneventful and you enjoyed the countryside.

glad the locals were able to provide you such adequate assistance.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

Last edited: