• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally on Sat. 4/27 in Phoenix at noon

FreeInAZ

From post on AZGO: http://arizonagunowners.com/index.php?topic=3239.msg37500.msg#37500

Next Rally April 27th -- Know Guns, Know Freedom - We Need Your Help!

Here it is folks!* Our next 2nd Amendment Rally scheduled for Saturday, April 27th at 12:00 noon, on the Arizona State Capitol lawn.......

We need lots of volunteers, lots of contributions, and lots of attendees!* Here are ways you can help this grassroots rally be a success.....

1.* Go to this page 2nd Amendment Rally Contribution Page and make a contribution of $5, $10, $20, $30, $50, or even more ( http://www.tactrain.net/2ndAmendmentRallyContributionPage.shtml ).* We need a minimum of a thousand dollars to pull this off, and we are not backing off, so I need your contributions.* The money will go to my PayPal account.* These contributions are not tax deductible, and most likely, there will be no refunds.* If we don't get the contributions, this rally may fail and that would mean a win by the gun grabbers.

2.* We need several folks to volunteer to help set up and tear down the event.* Setup will start at 10:00 AM and run 2 hours until the rally starts at 12:00 noon.* Tear down will start at the conclusion of the rally at 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM and include policing the trash from the lawn.* I need some strong backs to help set up the stage and tear it down.* We need volunteers to hand out water during the event, as well as, collect trash and many other chores.

3.* We need an army of foot soldiers to distribute flyers.* We will have 1,500 flyers printed up early this coming week and should have them ready by Wednesday.* We need folks to hang them everywhere and anywhere, including the gun shops, sporting goods stores, motorcycle shops, barbers, grocery stores, any place (and there are thousands in the valley) that have a front door or a bulletin board, and that support the rally.* If you prefer, the rally flyer PDF can be downloaded at this link http://www.tactrain.net/KnowGunsKnowFreedomFlyer.pdf, print it off at home and post them up, please.

4.* We need you social media folks to get the word out on Facebook, Twitter and all those others, as well as, blogs and your email lists.* And keep the chatter going all the way up to show time.

5.* We need YOU to attend!* And, bring family and friends.* We know not every one can contribute, but this event regardless of contributors, will fail if we don't get folks to attend.* We realize some folks are busy and strapped for cash.* Nonetheless, we need folks to attend and listen to the speakers and maybe even have their own say.* A grassroots rally of "We The People" will be more successful with the more who attend.

We will be contacting various speakers for this event and will publish a list as we get their commitments.* Please stay tuned and stay active.* If we do not exercise our rights, we are destined to lose them.....so the most powerful speakers we can get, are a couple thousand or more attending.* We need to get fired up and show-up sending a signal to our congress and whitehouse, our rights shall not be infringed!!

Thank You for you help, attendance, and we look forward to seeing you all at the rally.

Best Regards.......Eagle Six

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I would assume so, it is a 2A rally? The only issue I could see would be is if one tried to enter one of the "state" owned buildings- as they are posted no firearms of course. :mad: . Since this is on the lawn, a public area OC should not be a issue. I am not the organizer - I was just passing along the general info. If you need info try contacting them via their linked info (read PDF) or contact Mr. George Dean via email at george@tactrain.net I hope to see you there, and yes I will be OCing firearms. :D

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Great time and a great showing by freedom lovers! Many outstanding speakers & I got to see some really cool firearms. The coolest thing I saw was a short lady carrying a really long sniper rifle almost identical to this one except in wood stock.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_sniper_rifle
I thought the muzzle was going to hit the ground everytime she took a step. After talking to her, it was clear she knew how to carry it & use it too. :cool:

Last edited:

gunslinger493

Had a great time, excellent speakers! Seeing all the people with their rifles as well their handguns made wish I had not left AR-15 in my car ( I was taking it to Cabela's to be bore sighted). Seeing all the open carriers only reinforced the reason why I moved to Arizona in the first place!

For those who are on this forum, I was carrying a SIG P-220 Match in thigh holster with the hello kitty stickers.

The day was made even better at Cabela's where I was able to buy some .22 and .223 ammo!

This was my first rally but it will not be my last!

Last edited: