• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red Robin informed me they are a "Gun Free" establishment at dinner tonight

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A recent invitation from a friend to eat at RR made me recall reading something about it here on OCDO, so I checked their website: https://www.redrobin.com/tools/gun-policy.html

"While Red Robin will follow state and local laws on this issue, Red Robin respectfully requests that guests refrain from bringing guns into our restaurants."

It seems to me that RR has move from a prohibition to a request (like Target and Chipotle).

And inconsistent enforcement of policy/rules - see comments:

"Red Robin has been removed from the Boycott, because despite corporate policy against firearms, we have not seen much in the way of enforcement of this policy. Many 2ACheck fans have been to Red Robin to test this policy and been treated with respect. We’ve been to the Red Robin near us in Virginia and open carried without incident as well. We believe they are not enough of an “anti” to warrant a place on our Boycott List."

http://www.2acheck.com/red-robin-gourmet-burgers/comment-page-1/

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
BJ's Brewhouse Restaurant is the same price point, better food, and WELCOMES openly carried firearms. I've not been to RR in years, and have no need to see whether or not they will enforce their official policy, a policy that by its existence means they do not deserve my hard-earned money. Why would I try to get away with it under their snooty noses?

Last edited:

ron73440

I've been in a couple RR's, one in Short Pump and one in Portsmouth, and had no issues in either one.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I've been in a couple RR's, one in Short Pump and one in Portsmouth, and had no issues in either one.

And now that you know their official corporate policy, are you still going to give them your business?

Last edited: