• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rem 700 Recall.. About time.

Freedom1Man

"Dakota Arms - The cost is initially higher, but that might not be so when viewed as an entire project. The benefits the Dakota Arms pieces hold over the Timney piece are horizontal motion that will clear any scope and all three safety positions."
http://www.realguns.com/articles/389.htm

It is a custom VZ24 model 98 with a Dakota Safety and the Timney trigger.

Freedom1Man

Very nice set up. Am I in your will? :D

No Grape, I might will it to my Brother because he is tall enough to shoot it. I have it set up for me to use so anyone who is shorter it would be very uncomfortable for them to shoot. As my grandpa put it, "It just comes right up to our line of sight without any fidgeting."

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
"I like my Mauser with the Dakota 3 position safety on it better." -- Freedom1Man

I don't use safeties, so it doesn't matter what kind of safety a gun has. ;-)

Besides...I was given the gun so I accepted it. And as it's the only "long distance" rifle/caliber I own (Winchester 270), it fits that "mission" perfectly. It's a pretty nice rifle -- despite the Remington 710 naysayers out there....most of whom are Remington 700 owners. With recalled triggers. ;-)

Merry Christmas...

Last edited: