• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rhode Island: 10 Rd Mag Restriction and Reciprocity Legislation. Hearings Tues Mar 22

Midwest

Rhode Island: 10 Rd Mag Restriction and Reciprocity Legislation

Rhode Island is considering several anti-gun bills as well as several pro-gun bills. Tuesday March 22 is when the House Judiciary Committee is holding hearings on "weapons-related legislation".

One of the proposals would be make it illegal to sell or own "ammunition-feeding devices that can accept more than 10 rounds"

Another bill is aimed at those who are convicted of some domestic offenses from owing or buying guns.

However....

There is Bipartisan support for the automatic renewal or a permit or license. And another bill with bipartisan support and even better yet would allow for reciprocity with other states. If you live in nearby Connecticut or Massachusetts, this will be of particular interest to you.

Unfortunately, right now... the article is short on exact details as who is sponsoring what, and what the actual bill numbers are. Hopefully that information will be forthcoming shortly.

I wanted to get this out here for those who live in or near Rhode Island. Maybe we can get enough to oppose the 10 mag restriction and support the auto renewal and the reciprocity legislation.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...and_lawmakers_consider_multiple_gun_law_bills

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Rhode Island lawmakers are considering more than a dozen bills that would either strengthen or relax gun restrictions in the state.

The House Judiciary Committee is set to hold a hearing on weapons-related legislation Tuesday."

Midwest

More than 400 people showed up to the Rhode Island statehouse Tuesday

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20160322/NEWS/160329758

"Hours before the House Judiciary Committee commenced testimony on 14 gun-related bills, advocates on both sides arrived on Smith Hill, swarming the halls outside a tiny hearing room. There were the Rhode Island Moms Demand Action adorned in matching blue T-shirts next to the Rhode Island 2nd Amendment Coalition sporting yellow buttons that read, "Gun control does not work."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

davidmcbeth

Banned
"We cannot go a weekend in this country without a mass shooting," Rep. Aaron Regunberg, D-Providence, said, testifying on limiting high-capacity magazines."
Total lie - not just a distortion, but a bald faced lie.

How did this end up at the end of the day?

Thanks Grape ... I'll make a 1 mm tally mark using a 5000 meter writing ballpen that I use to mark such instances of antis lying .. dang! My pen ran out of ink...that's pen #239