• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RI teenager brings air guns to library - boy arrested for possession of a firearm

david.ross

imported post

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...olice:_RI_teenager_brings_air_guns_to_library

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A 14-year-old has been arrested after allegedly taking two air guns into a Providence public library.
The boy, whose name was not released because he is a juvenile, allegedly walked into the Mount Pleasant branch of the public library Monday afternoon wearing two air pistols, one silver and one black, in his waistband.
Such guns can usually fire either BBs or pellets.
Providence Police Maj. Thomas Oates said someone called police after spotting the boy carrying a weapon on the street.
The boy was found sitting at a back table in the library. He was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a minor.
The boy was released pending a future court hearing.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Ted Kenedy told them to be stupid or he'll drive over there. :banghead:
The kid is lucky the environmental nuts haven't made air a
crime yet, or he would be facing federal charges also.

Jared

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
I wonder how a state develops in to a moron state like RI :|

Quite simple actually, dumb people can easily be found in RI. Dumb people congregate in the General Assembly, and dumb people elect most of them.

RI gun laws are not that great, but it is the only state where if you have a carry permit you can carry anywhere in the state without exception.

I'm a veteran in RI politics and gun issues. It's a long story and not too many people care. I don't care anymore except for one issue and a few people.

OrangeIsTrouble

insane.kangaroo wrote:

Quite simple actually, dumb people can easily be found in RI. Dumb people congregate in the General Assembly, and dumb people elect most of them.

RI gun laws are not that great, but it is the only state where if you have a carry permit you can carry anywhere in the state without exception.

I'm a veteran in RI politics and gun issues. It's a long story and not too many people care. I don't care anymore except for one issue and a few people.

Really? Even into jails, mental institutes, and courthouses?

BTW, this is a serious question as in WA, you cannot carry in those places.

aadvark

Jared:

In addition to Rhode Island, which allows Carry to everywhere when a Person aquires a Permit, the following States do as well: Alabama, and Oregon.

M

McX

them air guns is dangerous, get hit could actually piss some one off!

firearm?! are you kidding me?