• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Cinco de Mayo OC breakfast 5-5-12

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Anybody wanting to get together for breakfast this coming Saturday, whether to celebrate the fact that they have not yet had anything to eat that day, or that even the Mexicans were able to defeat the French Army, will have to make their own plans for both when and where.

Grapeshot and skidmark will be recveiving training from the folks who were able to get a federal grant. Those folks will be trying to tell us how to survive the first 72 hours of a "disaster". We will be trying mightily not to fall over giggling over how the .gov plans to round us up at
[*]victim collection points[/*] disaster shelters. Unless we get thrown out early we will be receiving a backpack of lovely parting gifts we can use in case of a disaster.

Play nice amongst yourselves. We'll see you next weekend and tell you all about our interesting, informative training and show you the lovely parting gifts.

Just in case anybody is wondering, yes we will be OCing at the training.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
IMHO surviving any disaster might be enhanced by having the ability/means to defend one self - it will be interesting to see if those in charge of this seminar concur.

The opportunity to both learn and teach simultaneously was too good to pass up, beside freebies to be had - makes it a triple win.

Only draw back is I'll have to be up by 5:00 AM to allow time to SSS. get dressed, and grab a bit to eat before catching the bus/SMV at 7:30

So will the chain of Greater Richmond OC breakfasts continue unbroken? Step up and pick a location.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
IMHO surviving any disaster might be enhanced by having the ability/means to defend one self - it will be interesting to see if those in charge of this seminar concur.

The opportunity to both learn and teach simultaneously was too good to pass up, beside freebies to be had - makes it a triple win.

Only draw back is I'll have to be up by 5:00 AM to allow time to SSS. get dressed, and grab a bit to eat before catching the bus/SMV at 7:30

So will the chain of Greater Richmond OC breakfasts continue unbroken? Step up and pick a location.

I'm guessing you're getting CERT certification. If so, I doubt they've changed much since I got mine and defending yourself won't be on the platter....but you'll also get useful knowledge and insight out of the class...plus, they should give you a really nifty certificate.:lol:

Hope you both enjoy it. I'll be bush hogging:uhoh:

riverrat10k

If I don't go fishing Sat. .......

I will be at the River City Diner on Parham.

So I guess I am a "possible."

Have fun guys, and to the rest of you---get out there and OC!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm guessing you're getting CERT certification. ... .plus, they should give you a really nifty certificate.:lol: ....

Who cares about the certificate? I attending to get the lovely parting gifts! And to see how many :eek: / :shocker:and :uhoh: and :( or :cry: (and maybe :mad:) we can create by sitting there like good little students just soaking up information.

Hope to be reading a report on how you all behaved without supervision.

stay safe.