• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RICHMOND OC DINNER – PLAY TAPS

hlh1

All, the Richmond OC monthly Dinner has run its course. This local dinner began approximately 18 years ago with a small group of like-minded individuals that truly bought into the idea of this Forum and promoted Open Carry. After a few months the late Dale, Paul and Don joined the group and caused it to grow where we averaged around 30 OC’ers monthly, with a peak of 126 at the Fuddruckers dinner. We truly miss those three amigos. Since those hey days the group has continued on for many years with a smaller core group of close friends that still meets monthly to bi-monthly. This core group has continued to post this recurring dinner on OC.org to invite any who would be interested in joining us, but it has been a very long time since a new comer has broken bread with us. Because of this lack of new interest the few of us that remain have decided to “play taps” for this once great dinner and put it to rest on the forum.

The current group of Open Carry friends will continue to meet bi-monthly to carry on the OC tradition and enjoy our friendships and comradery, where we discuss current gun issues, the latest firearm acquisition, and what’s going on in our lives. Others will always be welcome to join us, but we’ll not be posting this dinner on OC.org going forward. Should anyone be interested in joining us please send me or others that have posted this dinner a PM and we’ll let you know when and where the next dinner will be.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you for the note.

Bummer!

I had come down your way to meet Dale, and later to attend his wake. I had hoped to make it to a dinner one of these days when the weather got better, but life has intruded.

In the meanwhile, I've been watching the "Four Boxes Diner" channel on YouTube (NYSRPA v Bruen is great stuff, as is the channel generally), and am similarly looking forward to better weather to OC again.

Thanks again.

Brian D.

Thank you for the note.

Bummer!

I had come down your way to meet Dale, and later to attend his wake. I had hoped to make it to a dinner one of these days when the weather got better, but life has intruded.

In the meanwhile, I've been watching the "Four Boxes Diner" channel on YouTube (NYSRPA v Bruen is great stuff, as is the channel generally), and am similarly looking forward to better weather to OC again.

Thanks again.
That's what sometimes happens when we think "one of these days, I need to... whatever".

FBrinson

My wife and I miss the occasional breakfast we had the honor of attending. The dinners were attended less often due to work schedules. Since we moved to Surry County back in '17 we have not made the trip up to Richmond to attend any of the gatherings at all. We are saddened that there are no more plans for the dinners but thankful that we were able to meet some great people while we lived in Richmond.

gutshot II

Thank you for the note.

Bummer!

Thanks again.
Thanks Jeff, for the "heads up" on the "Four Boxes Dinner". I watch Mark Smith every night before I go to sleep. Very knowledgeable and very entertaining. Bruen is just what we have been waiting for.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Try "Washington Gun Law" and "Freedom's Steel" too, gutshot II.

T4BD is the best for law stuff, but the others are good for additional RKBA stuff too.

gutshot II

I go to Washington Gun Law every day but the news is not always good in Washington. Langley Outdoors Academy has a lot of information, too. Some of these places irritate me so much that have to let them go. Some are arrogant blowhards.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
... Some of these places irritate me so much that have to let them go. Some are arrogant blowhards.
Yeah, the Armed Scholar was initially interesting to me, but he seems all about enticing video titles these days, whereas in general The Four Boxes Diner has solid, meaty, current stuff.