• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond police chief to hold town hall meeting 4/17

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Going to clear my schedule and attend this open carrying a handgun and with GSL stickers.

If you ever travel in or through Richmond, come join me. The more the merrier.

https://tinyurl.com/y8alwbc5

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Seventy some people (SRO) attended this meeting/forum with 40+ wearing GSL stickers.

Richmond Police Chief Alfred Durham did a commendable job of explaining what these precincts do and how they could do a better job with more money.

He avoided use of the "illegal gun" word selection, but never actually endorsed people carrying for self defense and thereby making the area safer.

One supervisory capacity officer did ask for and received a long strip of GSL stickers for his non LEO friends.

I'll try to download a couple of pictures of this event in the morning.

Made a quick hit and run (carry out) at Capt. D's for crab cakes on my way home..

scooter348

It takes more money for a cop to follow the law? :banghead:

I didn't see what he wrote the same way you apparently saw it. I saw it as more money to purchase new or upgraded equipment, training, or even technology to help the LEOs do a more effective and safer job. But I'm not surprised you saw it differently.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It takes more money for a cop to follow the law? :banghead:

I didn't see what he wrote the same way you apparently saw it. I saw it as more money to purchase new or upgraded equipment, training, or even technology to help the LEOs do a more effective and safer job. But I'm not surprised you saw it differently.
It was not about more money to follow the law.

The purpose of the meeting(s) was to inform the public what the precinct(s) were doing to more effectively communicate with people and develop better
rapport. I think that Chief is genuinely interested in accomplishing that.